Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

A 2nd quarter offensive surge and solid defense throughout(helped certainly by a hobbled Burrow) led to a 27-3 victory for the Titans last Sunday, while the Colts led a furious 2nd half comeback to take the Rams to overtime, albeit falling a bit short and losing after a Stafford to Nacua TD pass.

Anthony Richardson has added some excitement to the Colts offense, and is coming off a performance where he completed 64.9% of his passes, which if he can continue to show improved accuracy, the Colts could be dangerous on offense, and it seems Jonathan Taylor could potentially return to their lineup this week, adding another threat around Richardson.

The Colts defense is susceptible, so hopefully our offense stops it's jeckyll and hyde performances and shows some consistency going forward. Richardson is about as far from the statue in the pocket that Burrow was last season, so the sacks likely won't come as easily. Hopefully Byard or Hooker can play on his inexperience come and bait him in to an interception.

The AFC South is deadlocked at 2-2 right now, which makes divisonal games feel ever more important than they already were.

Haven't beat you guys since.....feels like forever. Colts secondary is injured. The D-line will put pressure on the Titan offense. As a long time Colt fan, this season is about the development of the youngest team in the NFL. 

Here is to no injuries!👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Haven't beat you guys since.....feels like forever. Colts secondary is injured. The D-line will put pressure on the Titan offense. As a long time Colt fan, this season is about the development of the youngest team in the NFL. 

Here is to no injuries!👍

I was someone who ridiculed Richardson as a prospect ever since seeing him start to get hyped after his game vs Utah last year, but he's certainly played better than I ever expected. Huge props to Streichen and Cooter in terms of what they've done in developing him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Here is to no injuries!👍

The Packers are actually the youngest team in the NFL, but who cares I guess. I second no injuries. 

Edited by Mesa_Titan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The Packers are actually the youngest team in the NFL, but who cares I guess. I second no injuries. 

I was told we were the youngest a few weeks back, perhaps roster changes effected that. Should have said very young. 

would be shocked if he started this week but damn it’d be nice if NPF could snipe dillard’s job at some point!

edit: i will say it's interesting that combos we saw in practice today were dillard/radunz and NPF/skoronski. makes me think there's a chance we see a wholesale left side swap this weekend...or maybe that both NPF and skoronski are working their way back and we see neither of them this weekend? who knows. but if the plan were just to plug skoronski right back in i'd have expected him to work next to dillard. probably reading too much into it lol

Edited by -Hope-

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

would be shocked if he started this week but damn it’d be nice if NPF could snipe dillard’s job at some point!

edit: i will say it's interesting that combos we saw in practice today were dillard/radunz and NPF/skoronski. makes me think there's a chance we see a wholesale left side swap this weekend...or maybe that both NPF and skoronski are working their way back and we see neither of them this weekend? who knows. but if the plan were just to plug skoronski right back in i'd have expected him to work next to dillard. probably reading too much into it lol

I'd say it's more likely that Skoronski is a little further removed from coming back, hence probably why they appear to be working out that way.