Week 5 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

On 10/5/2023 at 11:38 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

We'll probably come out with Dilliard, but he'll be replaced by the second quarter.

Interesting dilemma since if both Skor and NPF are active it means NPF is probably sitting the bench.  I'm still in favor of moving Skor to LT and moving NPF to LG where I think he can be a real solid player (don't have very high expectations for NPF at LT and still not sure if he will be a good RT).  I wouldn't even wait on Dillard to screw up.  It will happen.  If we sign or draft a legit LT next year Skor can move back to LG.  IMO even if Skor is only a good, not great OT that is better than having a poor LT.  

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Interesting dilemma since if both Skor and NPF are active it means NPF is probably sitting the bench.  I'm still in favor of moving Skor to LT and moving NPF to LG where I think he can be a real solid player (don't have very high expectations for NPF at LT and still not sure if he will be a good RT).  I wouldn't even wait on Dillard to screw up.  It will happen.  If we sign or draft a legit LT next year Skor can move back to LG.  IMO even if Skor is only a good, not great OT that is better than having a poor LT.  

I think at the very least, NPF will be good in the run game on the left side, and he will be at least better than Dilliard in pass blocking.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Another week without Treylon Burks…whatever will we do?

if he’s healthy at the deadline … ship him. Don’t even think Im jumping the gun here. Just so clearly doesn’t have “it”

He might never be healthy. It’s borderline funny that J-Rob didn’t want to invest significant assets into an elite receiver because of nagging injury concerns and this was his solution.

1,000% jumping the gun though. In his extremely limited action, he’s shown he can make plays with the ball in his hands and can separate at a higher level than any receiver we’ve had in a decade besides AJ. Though he does actually need to be on the field and catch the ball in order to take advantage of it. Never sell low on a talented 23-year-old that doesn’t have character concerns.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He might never be healthy. It’s borderline funny that J-Rob didn’t want to invest significant assets into an elite receiver because of nagging injury concerns and this was his solution.

1,000% jumping the gun though. In his extremely limited action, he’s shown he can make plays with the ball in his hands and can separate at a higher level than any receiver we’ve had in a decade besides AJ. Though he does actually need to be on the field and catch the ball in order to take advantage of it. Never sell low on a talented 23-year-old that doesn’t have character concerns.

You’re totally right. But it’s just hard to see him turning a corner. Serious ? Cuz maybe I’m forgetting folks — what first round, or even early round, pick is as injured/much of a ghost this much into his career and then actually becomes a real #1 or even #2? He just screams JAG overall. And guys don’t usually stop being JAGs, I feel 

Yeah, Burks has to get and remain healthy. And he needs to be way more consistent when he’s on the field. But no way am I trading him four games into his 2nd year.

I mean, just imagine we prematurely trade him away then later this year or in year 3 he has a Brandon Aiyuk or Devante Adams type explosion on his new team. That’s nightmare fuel stuff.