Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

NinerNation21

Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

The bolded gets me every week. This offense is so freaking explosive. I've never seen a 49ers team like this one (I'm 35 and didn't get into my die-hard fandom until early 2000's). 

My first big memory of the 9ers was "The Drive". Yes, Purdy does seem eerily similar to the guy behind Center at that time...

3 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Both teams played the Eagles and Seahawks the last two weeks. Comparing them:
Purdy: 70.4%, 682 yards, 12.63 Y/A, 6 TD, 1 INT, 16 rushing yards
Dak: 66.3%, 570 yards, 7.13 Y/A, 5 TD, 0 INT, 34 rushing yards, 1 fumble lost

Does Dak get credit for the Fumble-6?

On 4/26/2023 at 11:07 PM, N4L said:

But with more mobility and a heart 10x the size. 

The passion and the drive he plays with is something the team needed from a QB. I've seen too many lackadaisical games from QBs over the last 15 years. Even guys with big hearts like Alex Smith would only flash it. 

Purdy showed up every week ready to ball like his life depended on it, even when he wasn't a starter. Everyone kept thinking he would have a let down game and he just kept showing up ready to play. Which is kind of ironic because he was wildly inconsistent in college week to week. 

The game means a lot to him. I don't know how much I can say that about Jimmy, who seems to love the lifestyle as much as anything else. Purdy is a former wrestler and I think he brings a wrestler's mindset. That is why I think his teammates gravitated towards him. 

On 6/7/2023 at 12:45 AM, N4L said:

I disagree. You can learn a lot about a guy's approach from watching him perform. Not saying Purdy is Kobe Bryant but you cannot tell me I can only "think" Kobe was a passionate player. We can absolutely look at how a guy carries himself, how he fights for the extra inch, how he puts his body on the line and say "that guy has heart, that guy has passion". That is not "thinking" anything, its seeing what there is to be seen. 

Admittedly, the part about Purdy being a decorated HS wrestler and how that translates is a bit of a guess, but I think it fits perfectly. Wrestlers are tough as nails and it is a huge freaking grind to be a wrestler of that caliber. You have to train like a madman and you basically have to leave it all on the mat every match to have a shot to win. You can't take your opponent lightly or think you can just show up and win. All of those traits are things that from my vantage point Purdy carried over into football. It is a mindset more than anything.

That is why I am saying its why I think he is loved by his teammates, but one thing you cannot question is the fact that he IS loved by his teammates. The team DID gravitate towards him. I am simply giving a reason why. That is not a "feeling" it is an observation leading to a theory.

https://x.com/nwagoner/status/1734025821529211254?s=20

#49ers LT Trent Williams on QB Brock Purdy: "Every time he approaches Sunday, you can tell this is the most important game in his life and he treats every week like that. So his success is not a secret and it damn sure ain't got nothing to do with the system."

I was f ucking COOKING with this. I know ball. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ruiz is getting exactly what he's wants from that post. Spreading like wild fire. Nick's is funny though

LOL, Nick is a funny guy himself.

Ruiz intentionally made that post misleading but that's what he does. It's becoming harder and harder for him to accept reality. He's so hoping Purdy falls flat on his face against the Ravens and then in the playoffs lol. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Forge said:

The ringer woke up and decided today was the day they halt the Purdy talk

Solak is just joining in the fun. I'd say that his Purdy takes are actually the most reasonable and balanced Purdy takes I have seen. He is saying he is a good player but that he shouldn't win MVP, which I have no issues with. It is fine to say that Purdy is a good QB who plays with good players and has a good coach. That is factual and fair commentary to make. No issues from me. 

I genuinely do not give a sh!t about MVP. I am tired of the national discourse around our QBs. If it isn't one thing, it is another. The media knows they get great engagement with it. Brett Kollman posted the metrics of one of his videos one time and was like "ok making a mental note to talk about the 49ers QBs more" because it was like his best producing video ever. This fanbase is an easy target. 

Im onto Cincinatti.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Solak is just joining in the fun. I'd say that his Purdy takes are actually the most reasonable and balanced Purdy takes I have seen. He is saying he is a good player but that he shouldn't win MVP, which I have no issues with. It is fine to say that Purdy is a good QB who plays with good players and has a good coach. That is factual and fair commentary to make. No issues from me. 

I genuinely do not give a sh!t about MVP. I am tired of the national discourse around our QBs. If it isn't one thing, it is another. The media knows they get great engagement with it. Brett Kollman posted the metrics of one of his videos one time and was like "ok making a mental note to talk about the 49ers QBs more" because it was like his best producing video ever. This fanbase is an easy target. 

Im onto Cincinatti.... 

Solak has us losing to Dallas in the playoffs, so I am sad. 

• Like 1