2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

3 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Rasul Douglas to the Bills is a really good fit

And he's signed cheaply for 2024 at 6M.  That's also why he cost a 3rd (for a 5th).   But yes, they needed the help badly, their zone scheme has been leaking a lot since Milano & Daquon Jones were injured.

22 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Retaining a young elite Edge while they have a rookie QB contract is dumb? 

Elite, meh. He’s in that second/third tier of guys, not the ones like Bosa or Garrett or Watt that are competing for DPOY every year. Judon, Hendrickson, Hunter (others I’m sure I’m missing) make up that second group, I’m not sure Burns is even in there. But he’ll be paid handsomely. 

If that deal last year was real (2 FRPs) then Carolina ****ed up.

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Who says he’s gonna walk, for one?

You think he's hitching the rest of his career to a rebuilding team? I mean, it's possible, I guess.

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Second, where is it clear we aren’t making the playoffs? I kinda doubt we do, but after that Levis game there’s definitely some hope. The Jags aren’t some all world team and we still play them twice. Plus, our schedule isn’t exactly filled with world beaters. 

I loved watching Levis this past weekend, but I don't think TEN is anywhere near a playoff team and they clearly didn't think they were either otherwise they wouldn't have started selling before the season even started and then continued selling during it. Maybe Levis provides a spark for this passing game and things open up and they go on a winning streak. Maybe it was just one game where he got a bunch of lucky downfield throws. That aspect remains to be seen.