GDT: The Play Caller Bowl! The Killer Kellen Moores vs. The Mighty Mike McCarthys

DaBoys

The Cowboys put up 12 points in a playoff loss to the 49ers last year. Afterwards the play caller and OC was shipped off to LA. McCarthy took over play calling and was then able to manage 10 points against the 49ers. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952aswxgyx3vpn2rnv8nk

Now we get to see them compete in a 1v1 h2h death match. 

Offense stats:

YPG

LA: 5th

Dal: 17th

PYPG

LA: 6th

Dal: 20th

RYPG

LA: 14th

Dal: 10th

PPG

LA: 7th

Dal: 8th

usatsi_18913303_168396005_lowres.jpg

The Cowboys are a 2-point favorite over the Chargers in NFL Week 6 odds for the game.

Dallas is -130 on the moneyline, while Los Angeles is +110.

The over/under (point total) is set at 47.5 points.

Edited by DaBoys

You would hate for the 49ers to beat us twice, but this stat is hard to ignore, especially with what Dallas’s injury report is going to look like this week. The best you can say is that maybe the one extra day makes a real difference, but LA is also coming off a bye.

I feel like a broken record here with how much the focus has been on him, but Dallas really needs a strong game from Dak here. You can definitely throw on the Chargers, and they can definitely throw on us. If this one isn’t a shootout then our offense is completely broken.

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

The Chargers are at home and had a bye week to prepare for us. If Parsons is neutralized, this team will get destroyed. He has to be a factor and put pressure on Herbert to rush passes.

Sigh. Destroyed? Really? Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous lol.

“I’m the average NFL fan and all I can remember back to is last Sunday.. and the team looked bad.. SO I guess they’re bad! There’s no hope. This team again gets exposed. 48-3 Chargers in an absolute BLOWOUT. Because this team is a bunch of PRETENDERS and I’m a big strong man on the internet that actually can’t cope at all when my favorite sports team loses!”

But really, the Chargers are a better team than their record. They’re going to give a lot of fight, and that offense can be potent. If the defense can rebound against a group like that, it’d be major. In all reality it’s the first test against an outright elite QB, too.. unless we’re putting Purdy in that category. 

Still, we know the team responds well to losses.. and they seem to play even better when their pride is hurt and they have something to prove. We’re still watching a good football team, regardless of what product they put on the field last week against the best unit in football. Dallas takes this 27-17 and people can chill out going into the bye week.

Edited by NoFlyZone

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I actually wanted him over LVE in the draft. I was obviously wrong but now we will see. LVE went to us at 19 and Evans off the board at 22. 

I think Evans will be decent at what we’re missing. A thumper ILB that can stop the run. 

2 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I think Evans will be decent at what we’re missing. A thumper ILB that can stop the run. 

I don't think the run is the issue...they actually did a good job containing McCaffrey. They let Purdy beat them.