GDT: The Play Caller Bowl! The Killer Kellen Moores vs. The Mighty Mike McCarthys

DaBoys

5 hours ago, D82 said:

I don't think the run is the issue...they actually did a good job containing McCaffrey. They let Purdy beat them. 

They had 170 yards of rushing and averaged 4.1 ypc. McCaffrey didn’t do anything but the rest did. Maybe it was Shanahan’s scheme and/or misdirection? 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

They had 170 yards of rushing and averaged 4.1 ypc. McCaffrey didn’t do anything but the rest did. Maybe it was Shanahan’s scheme and/or misdirection? 

Over aggressiveness  and a lack of situational awareness and ability to adjust to what the other team is doing has always been a huge issue for this group over the years.  Unfortunately Evans issue with the Titans was being unable to read and react well to what the other team is doing.  Think Smith with a little less speed but similar athleticism 

• Like 1

Back to game for a change we actually have a coaching advantage here for a change. Their coach has zero game feel and can make some mind boggling decisions.   This team has a ton of play makers on offense.  If we don’t get better down the field play from our secondary then we can be hurt by big plays.   But last time I watched they really don’t run a lot of complex short routes like SF which gives us fits.  Also their OL does not seem to handle an elite pass rush well. They also struggle to run the ball.   They won their last game helped by have two 51 yard plays from scrimmage.  Hubert was 13-24 1 TD 1 int.  Not spectacular at all lead RB had 65 total yards another back had the 51 yard run but still had under 60 total yards. 

Does Kellen Moore being part of our organization for so long give us an advantage on him or does that give him the advantage on us? 

I would think Dan Quinn knows his offense pretty well. But I guess it works both ways

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Does Kellen Moore being part of our organization for so long give us an advantage on him or does that give him the advantage on us? 

I would think Dan Quinn knows his offense pretty well. But I guess it works both ways

I see Dan vs Kellen being pretty even in this one, but I also see MM edging out Staley. I think this will be a nice bounce back win.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I see Dan vs Kellen being pretty even in this one, but I also see MM edging out Staley. I think this will be a nice bounce back win.

Yeah this is one of few games I actually feel we have the edge in coaching on.  I like Kellen. Enjoyed watching him a BSU but I felt he had trouble taking that next step from being a okay coordinator to an elite one.    Am traveling during the game so will try to listen to game on my phone while driving.  Bought NFLplus just to be able to listen live then latter watch the replay.  Will not have “internet” to watch it tell Thursday night.  

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, DaBoys said:

Yeah but if LVE is out we might start missing it

LVE gets a lot of crap because of the plays he doesn't make, but there's been a ton on his shoulders as this teams only true linebacker with experience. He makes a lot plays in the run game, and he really does assist in the passing game by covering a lot of ground in a short amount of time to assist the corners. He isn't the stud we thought we had after his rookie year, but he is a boost to the defense and without him both the run defense and the pass defense are going to take a hit.

IMO, Parsons needs to be nearly full time at Mike in base defense and on the line, on the edge, in third and long. He may not be as disruptive or stat-stacking doing this, but it may be the only GOOD solution to the now even bigger weakness at linebacker.

They could also bring Bell or Juanyeh Thomas in on the base defense to assist as a type of linebacker, and pair either one of them with a more typical Lb like Clark on the nickel group so Parsons can keep more time on the edge. But Parsons was drafted as a linebacker, and we may really need him to be one going forward.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

23 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He knows Dak well. One stop in the secondary meeting room during the week is all it takes to explain to the DBs the best way to bait Dak into thinking he has a great lane to throw through.