Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

50 minutes ago, brownie man said:

huh? 

He missed 11 games last year

Played 6 in 2022 

We're 5 weeks into the season 

Thats 22 games 

As of right now yes he does have a winning record. 

It's still early yall

Look at Jared Goff people wrote him off now look at him. Theres alot of time left

Jared Goff is a humble. Took getting traded as an opportunity and has played hard to re-establish his career and earn everything he is given. 

Watson is an entitled punk, who's elicited no remorse for his actions. He's constantly plays the victim and has no incentive to do anything with his contract. He's shown who he is.

That part of him that chased greatness went out the window the moment Cleveland sold their souls for him. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Wasn’t he medically cleared this week?

He was medically cleared to play 2 weeks ago.

That means he isn't at a threat to do any additional damage like he would be with a strain or a tear.

It doesn't mean he would be effective or pain free.

The team expected him to play 2 weeks ago and he sat himself. Now the team says they won't let him play until he can throw pain free. Which, ignoring that they are covering for the predator, makes the whole team look extremely soft.

Now the question is, who returns first? Chubb from a devastating knee injury or Watson from his bruise. I'm calling it even money right now.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That means he isn't at a threat to do any additional damage like he would be with a strain or a tear.

The team expected him to play 2 weeks ago and he sat himself. Now the team says they won't let him play until he can throw pain free. Which, ignoring that they are covering for the predator, makes the whole team look extremely soft.

Now the question is, who returns first? Chubb from a devastating knee injury or Watson from his bruise. I'm calling it even money right now.

I’ve missed you 

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Wow he’s lazy and soft.

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve missed you 

And I appreciate you continuing to fight the good fight.

I just couldn't no longer take being told why I wasn't allowed to have an opinion about football topics. In season it was because I wasn't watching games so I couldn't say we were underachieving, offseason I wasn't allowed to question anything about Watson because I'm a Baker fanboy (which I haven't been since he was no longer on my favorite team). I just never signed up to get irritated, only to enjoy myself. So... I post in NFL Gen where all the high quality posters post. 

Honestly I never understood the hate Gen got, sure there are wild takes but it's football, that is fairly normal.

I still read the Browns subforum, just not as often.

I'll be watching the Browns this week (just like I did last game) and rooting for my favorite team. As much as it hurts the team to not have an NFL caliber QB under center is as much as I enjoy being able to watch a game even if we look awful (been there many times before). With Watson not playing I'm not conflicted with rooting for my team and against my team's QB which makes me feel like I'm rooting against my team and I don't know how to comprehend that feeling So I just pass.

Also, mike threatened me so I'm laying low.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Wasn’t he medically cleared this week?

I’m assuming that being medically cleared does not necessarily mean being able to play pain free? 

Cleveland’s locked into Deshaun for years to come…might as well play it safe, I guess.

28 minutes ago, Soko said:

I’m assuming that being medically cleared does not necessarily mean being able to play pain free? 

Cleveland’s locked into Deshaun for years to come…might as well play it safe, I guess.

Cleared means he can't do more harm, so it isn't playing it safe.

It could be that they believe PJ is better than a 80-95% Watson

or

Watson doesn't want to play so they are putting it on themselves so no one thinks ill of Watson.

I know, neither of my theories makes any sense. Which is why we are here wondering wtf is going on.

Medically he is fine.
Legally we believe he is fine.
Emotionally he is dead.

Maybe the powers that be realize it wasn't going well and are looking for an excuse as to why things failed (proactively of course, the season is still young) so they can keep their paychecks.

This situation and what they are sharing surely opens the gate for conspiracy theories. So let them begin.

• Like 2

What’s the incentive for him to play? He has shown in Houston that he doesn’t care about the team around him. He only cares about himself. When a tiger shows you its stripes, believe it. He has already gotten his guaranteed paycheck. I don’t doubt that he’s hurting but I know also he cares only for himself and has little reason to push through the discomfort. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Cleared means he can't do more harm, so it isn't playing it safe.

I don’t think this is true at all. Guys play injured all the time, and it’s not uncommon for those injuries to be exacerbated as a result. Guys re-injure or re-aggravate injuries and ailments. 

Like, Burrow was limping around for the first month of the season. He was cleared, otherwise he wouldn’t have been out there. That doesn’t mean his ankle couldn’t get worse, or that his bad ankle couldn’t turn into an even worse ankle. It certainly didn’t mean he was playing pain free or without limitation.

They said Watson doesn’t have full juice on his arm right now, as a result of the shoulder issue. According to the team, he’s put out there that he’s not good enough to go. I don’t see why there needs to be more to it than that. We could guess and debate that sure, maybe he could tough it out…but it’s just conjecture. 

Not everyone is Matthew Stafford throwing a game winning TD pass on a separated shoulder…some guys are Jay Cutler on an exercise bike in the NFCCG.