State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Surprised there's not talk about Hopkins. There's teams that could use WR help that are trying to compete(Chiefs, 49ers and Steelers come to mind), and if the team wants to rebuild, not sure why we'd want to keep him around.

All should be on the table. 

Why waste him here?  

Trade him for a conditional 4th that can becoming a 3rd. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

All should be on the table. 

Why waste him here?  

Trade him for a conditional 4th that can becoming a 3rd. 

I suppose if you were to make an argument against trading him, it's so Willis or Levis, whichever young QB we let start, ideally has him around to make passing easier, but I have no idea how much the team thinks that matters.

two names that jump out:

1. tee higgins. not sure if this is delusional, but between the strong WR draft class and his having a down year, i wonder if the asking price might be a little lower than expected. would love to bring him home.

2. rashan gary. the packers will probably bring him back, but if they don't....man, he'd be an unbelievable fit here. a young denico autry replacement with a higher physical ceiling.

55 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

How much for Autry?

Would Ran take a QB, say top 10, after taking Levis round 2 last year?

If they actually look at Levis starting this week like they should and he looks like Malik does (which I don't think he would) I would think Ran and Vrabel for sure would look at QBs if they were in the top 10. If they were to fall in love with 1 of them I think they'd do it. But if I had to guess we roll with Levis 2024 with a new high drafted LT and another high priced WR and maybe another rookie WR

Should have been embraced the suck. As sad as it makes me, we need to fully embrace it. Sell the whole list. 

I am worried we are gonna half *** this. We just need to get young. We need any picks we can get.

Just please for the love of god don’t send Derrick to Philly. Send him to Buffalo. I would love to see him win a Super Bowl with that franchise. That team would be mega dangerous with him.

8 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Should have been embraced the suck. As sad as it makes me, we need to fully embrace it. Sell the whole list. 

I am worried we are gonna half *** this. We just need to get young. We need any picks we can get.

Just please for the love of god don’t send Derrick to Philly. Send him to Buffalo. I would love to see him win a Super Bowl with that franchise. That team would be mega dangerous with him.

Yep. Should have did this in the summer. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yep. Should have did this in the summer. 

I know everyone is doom and gloom, but I think there are reasons to be excited for the future.

Whether we get a QB or Marvin Harrison JR w/e we are likely going to get some kind of major cornerstone for the franchise next draft/maybe free agency

Vrabel can prove whether or not he is actually a decent coach or grossly overrated since he'll be heading his own rebuild finally

We have a new stadium coming in what . . . 4 years?  That's plenty of time to turn a team around with the right people in charge. If we were to accomplish that by then, we will probably have a lot of eyes on us for legitimate reasons, for once. May even get to host a Super Bowl here. May even get to play in it here.

I think if Vrabel is actually as good as most of the fanbase has convinced themselves he is, we'll have about a year and a half (including this year) of awful ball to deal with. We'll probably be in contention for the division again by 2026. Maybe a legit contender in 2027.

It's not gonna be so bad. (I hope lol)

• Like 1