State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

Trading Byard is all fun until you see him ball out on another team. 

Just sucks we are at this point. 

It seems we can never retire our players. Always shipping them away. 

McNair. Mason. Chris Johnson. Eddie George. Jurrell Casey. 

I get it but just sucks. Also not like we have a safety in waiting that we just need to look at. 

I get Henry or a QB. We have guys waiting on the on deck circle. 

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Byard and Henry guys I'd hate seeing in another uniform. 

Everyone else current history (Jayon. David Long guys in Philly or Detroit)and present are whatever. 

It pains me to no end that we’re talking about guys who, in an ideal world, should retire as Titans being traded. 

For me, it boils down to this. We’re in a shaky spot as a franchise, with obvious needs all over our roster, minimal draft capital and minimal amount of wanted league wide talent on our roster. If you’re able to get a nice return for a 29 year old RB and a 30 year old safety, especially at the state we’re in as a franchise, I think you got to do it. As much as it’d be bittersweet as a fan.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Good question for debate 

He's over 3 years younger, more athletic, turns it over significantly less, and was far better last year than Levis ever showed in all 4 years. But besides that, a really interesting debate.

He has disappointed a little this year, but he's still a far better prospect.

Edited by seminoles1

Maye is a whole lot better on the eyeball test, shows much better vision, and a way, way better pocket presence.

The stats are also not really as close as the tweet makes it seem. Maye has thrown as many passes halfway through a season as Levis did all of last year, the TD/INT rate is way, way better and Maye has some decent rushing numbers.

Given that Maye is coming off of the worst game he’s played all season, I think he’s likely to end the season with a higher completion percentage as well. He’s there with our first pick, I say we take him no question.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's over 3 years younger, more athletic, turns it over significantly less, and was far better last year than Levis ever showed in all 4 years. But besides that, a really interesting debate.

He has disappointed a little this year, but he's still a far better prospect.

Isn't there a bit of a talent gap between the SEC and ACC?