State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

Levis played hurt, and with a terrible supporting cast from what I understand.

Maye has also had Walker this year, and Downs last year.

Quick analysis from a watch of both guys reels.

I see athleticism from both dudes. 

Levis is strong and tough. Quick release. Cannon. I really think Levis can elevate in an NFL environment when he has real dudes around him. I would love to see what he could do when he has some solid talent around him. Ideally would love to see him sit this year, but we gotta see what he's got.

Maye has awesome size for a qb. Dude is smooth with it and his big frame that allows him to make some exceptional throws in tough spots. Can move when he has to. Is crafty with his throws ability to make funky off schedule throws. Dude puts the ball in the right place in tight windows quite a bit. 

Idk. It's hard to say. I could see the argument where they are closer than further away due to certain circumstances.

Edited by twotonebluenation

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So then Levis played with better players too, right?

I said the best collection of talent. Not all the best teams. 

Numbers and data just shows SEC sends more players to the NFL than any other conference. 

Big Ten right behind them. 

While at Kentucky he never lost to a team outside of the SEC. Had some of his best games. (Fact check me for accuracy. Not 100% sure.)

That said Kentucky is one of the worst schools traditionally in the SEC. He had them top 10 in the nation at a point. 

So as far as SEC schools go his team was one of the least talented in a conference of traditional strength. 

Can slice it multiple ways. 

Is what it is. 

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel saying Levis is close to Maye as a prospect is looking at it through Titans colored lenses. Even if the bulk stats are similar, I don’t think they’re close as prospects and Titans fans would be the only ones to think it’s a discussion.

I know you just responding to the post. But just making it clear I didn't say they were close. Just presenting the tweet. 

Everything can be debated, especially once draft season starts to tear down all the prospects 

But don't matter where you played or how you get to the league. Just matters what you do when you get your chance. 

Again I point to Bagent in Chicago. Didn't set the world on fire but looked like he at least has some knowledge of the game of football lol. Unlike Willis. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know you just responding to the post. But just making it clear I didn't say they were close. Just presenting the tweet. 

Everything can be debated, especially once draft season starts to tear down all the prospects 

Yeah, I’m not talking specifically about anyone just Titans fans in general. I’m curious how the person who posted that felt about Levis before we drafted him. And if he’d question him vs Maye if say the Colts drafted him.

The QB discussion during the draft can be both fun and nauseating at the same time. It feels like some are trying to find the flawless QB prospect, which just isn’t realistic. Hence the reason truly generational QB prospect are rare.

Having said all that, just because I feel Maye is superior than Levis as a prospect doesn’t mean I think Maye will have a better career than him. So many factors play a part in that.

• Like 2

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, I’m not talking specifically about anyone just Titans fans in general. I’m curious how the person who posted that felt about Levis before we drafted him. And if he’d question him vs Maye if say the Colts drafted him.

The QB discussion during the draft can be both fun and nauseating at the same time. It feels like some are trying to find the flawless QB prospect, which just isn’t realistic. Hence the reason truly generational QB prospect are rare.

Having said all that, just because I feel Maye is superior than Levis as a prospect doesn’t mean I think Maye will have a better career than him. So many factors play a part in that.

Yeah the debate leading up to the draft is cool until about March. When everyone has said everything they have to say. 

Maye is a better prospect. I agree. I would have waited to this year to draft a QB. Once we saw Tannehill wasn't gone I didn't want to draft anyone. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But don't matter where you played or how you get to the league. Just matters what you do when you get your chance. 

This is true. Mahomes was not nearly as good a prospect as, say, Lawrence. But so far, Mahomes has done way better in the league.

Levis could end up being a better NFL player than Maye. Crazier things have happened.

But Maye is a way, way, way better prospect. If you’re going to say “well anything could happen once they get to the league” then why even talk about prospects? That’s literally true of anyone.

So let’s not hype Marvin Harrison Jr. either, since he could suck in the league.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

This is true. Mahomes was not nearly as good a prospect as, say, Lawrence. But so far, Mahomes has done way better in the league.

Levis could end up being a better NFL player than Maye. Crazier things have happened.

But Maye is a way, way, way better prospect. If you’re going to say “well anything could happen once they get to the league” then why even talk about prospects? That’s literally true of anyone.

So let’s not hype Marvin Harrison Jr. either, since he could suck in the league.

I'm fine with not hyping anyone. Lol. Harrison could suck. Due to many reasons. Lack of work ethic once paid, injuries, bad team. 

I believe anyone can do it until they show they can't ( mainly Titans lol ). 

But there are players with a higher likelihood of success based on what they show in college. Like Maye and Harrison Jr. 

Then there are guys that flash skills or show skills inconsistently that someone could say " man I can work with that." 

Then in right system they turn out to be pretty good or useful. 

But Purdy is a case of anything can happen. Brady. Dak. Hurts. Zach Wilson. Sam Darnold and so on. 

When a GM hits on every pick that guy will be immortalized. Lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We are just so so so so so so so untalented compared to the NFLs best 

The gap is massive. Coaches aren’t immune, but Jon Robinson should never be a GM ever again. He destroyed this roster. Lit it on fire 

As great as he was building the roster from 2016-2019, he was equally as bad, if not worse in destroying it from 2020 to now. It’s insane how devoid of talent we currently are. Seriously, he damn near batted .000 on his draft picks, free agent signings, and trades from 2020-2022. It’s all time, historic level awful stuff, which has put us in the position we’re in now. The Pandemic happened and he forgot how to GM.