Week #7 General ๐Ÿˆ Discussion

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Oh Really???

ย 

Its sad nobody even remembers all the missed calls that wasnt called on the Saints. There was literally a missed facemask grab on the previous drive on Goff at the goal line. Which I get it. People talk about the missed calls on the losing team and not the winning team but still. And just like today with the Rams in that game the Saints shouldve never let it come down to the refs. They had a chance in the 1st quarter to be up 21-0 but settled for FG after FG. I told my friend he better hope it didnt come back to bite the Saints and it did.ย 

7 minutes ago, Duluther said:

merlin_149508444_f3f04d22-7ac4-4423-b234

54171275-10510443-image-a-20_16448339572

Tom-Brady16.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Bloody helmet-to-chin hit on which Brady was subsequently flagged

lmao sit down. One call in a random game doesn't overcome the gifts the Rams have been given in the playoffs since moving to LA.

It is one of my favorite things on this board about how obsessed with the Rams you are. Very bizarre.ย 

• Like 2

A good play by the d-back to get the pick, but it was a bad decision no matter what by Jordan Love. The receiver he wanted was double-covered while another Packer was running open across the middle. Throw it to him instead, you're in position for the easy go-ahead field goal.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Chargers still finish in second in the AFCW imo

Yeah, that'll balance out when they get the three games they have left against Denver and Vegas. Think they still have Chicago and Green Bay left, too. Division is probably already out of reach, but they're better than the Broncos or Raiders still.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We were playing one of the NFL's worst offenses. A good or great defense isn't crumbling in the 4th quarter like that, missed FG or not.

I do agree that in the 4th quarter the Rams defense wasnt playing like they did in the 1st half but coming into the season I said the Rams offense will have to carry the defense until it find its footing. The Rams defense has been carrying the Rams offense bc of how inconsistent it has been.ย 

Just now, y*so*blu said:

A good play by the d-back to get the pick, but it was a bad decision no matter what by Jordan Love. The receiver he wanted was double-covered while another Packer was running open across the middle. Throw it to him instead, you're in position for the easy go-ahead field goal.

Had the TE in the middle and Doubs on the sideline to pick up an easy 10-12 yards. Would have been a 56 yarder or the option to go on 4 and 8ish.

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Our defense is average. It's not underrated.

The only argument to be made that it's underrated is an entirely semantic one that is predicated on a the notion that to most laymen any player selected outside of the early 3rd round is, by result, "crap" and "terrible."ย  Our defense is very much average, but - particularly coming into the season - the staggering majority believed it would be shambolicย  So, by virtue of it being merely average and not a walking sieve, it'sย bothย average and (technically) underrated.ย  That said, it's definitely notย good.

• Like 1

I will say this, even though Im upset at how the Rams lost to the Steelers I did factor this game into the Rams (10-7) record before the season started. I think the Rams will lose to the Cowboys next week too so I can see (3-5) coming. But then after that the only two games left the Rams will definitely lose is against the Ravens and Niners. The Rams can beat any other team assuming health and they dont get in their own way like they did today with penalties that ruined some drives on offense and the kicker single handedly blowing the game.ย 

Disappointing loss for the Rams, but plenty to be happy about - I see this year as very much developmental so the results are slightly inconsequential to me as they donโ€™t have enough to win the Super Bowl or make a deep run into the play-offs.ย 

I think these situations will help in the long term. Good win for the Steelers.ย