When are teams going to realize that Players who are dominant runners can't stay healthy?

mdonnelly21

39 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Idk about others, but Lamar ironically got hurt in the pocket.

It's like saying driving 100 mph is more likely to get you in an accident, but you got hit and run while parked.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm just here to remind everyone that Lamar has suffered exactly 0 injuries while running. His injuries have all come from the pocket.

Okay carry on don't let me interfere with the narratives at play...

I'm reasonably sure that previous studies indicate that its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more likely a qb gets hurt in the pocket than at any other time. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm just here to remind everyone that Lamar has suffered exactly 0 injuries while running. His injuries have all come from the pocket.

Okay carry on don't let me interfere with the narratives at play...

Don't worry you didn't interfere because it you didn't mentioning anything about Mike Vicks injury history, Justin Fields injury history, and now Colts QB. 

So you're good. 👍

46 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Don't worry you didn't interfere because it you didn't mentioning anything about Mike Vicks injury history, Justin Fields injury history, and now Colts QB. 

So you're good. 👍

As opposed to Andrew Luck's injury history, Aaron Rodgers' injury history, Trevor Lawrence, Jimmy G, Derek Carr, Matthew Stafford....I mean I can go on but I think we get the point right?

Players get hurt. It's the NFL.

11 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Wut?

Haha, my bad I thought they made a Super Bowl, they made an AFC championship game though right?

Anyway my point is that its win now mentality, no one is drafting a running QB to play in his 40's like Brady or anything, the goal is like 32-33

32 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha, my bad I thought they made a Super Bowl, they made an AFC championship game though right?

Anyway my point is that its win now mentality, no one is drafting a running QB to play in his 40's like Brady or anything, the goal is like 32-33

Nope.

First round playoff exit in 2019, then AFC Divisional exit in 2021(?) against Buffalo. Then last year was a first-round exit against Cinci.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Correct. You take a lot more unexpected hits so your body isn't bracing for contact.

QBs have said those hits (roughly translating your description to blindside hits) aren’t as painful not as injury-inducing as front face hits. One of their reasonings is that bracing makes it worse. This is the same thing that’s said about car crashes: those who don’t brace (read: are drunk) generally suffer less damage (all other variables notwithstanding ofc).

On 10/19/2023 at 4:00 AM, Jlowe22 said:

Ben and Rodgers seemed to get injured constantly.  Brady, Manning, and Brees all had their one big injury, but other than that remained relatively healthy for a decade or more, until age caught up with them.

I think Rodgers issue is he isn't the biggest QB around.  Ben made Rodgers look petite by comparison.  But Rodgers' current injury was just terrible luck.