Week 7: {5-1} Dolphins @ {5-1} Eagles Kelly Green Edition

Nabbs4u

Old school End zone font and midfield Eagle logo look freaking sweet.
It sucks we're going to probably get walloped, but we're going to look so fresh and so clean while the score is still 0-0. The pants being silvery instead of white gives them that extra chefs kiss.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Boy do we miss Steichen…. 37 points with Minshew against the Browns. That dude can call a game 

Biggest thing missing from Johnson is being able to sequence the plays like Steichen did. I feel like that is something that hopefully comes with more experience.

Overall I've liked some of the different plays they've utilized these past weeks, but like some different analysts I trust both national (The Athletic NFL Show w/ Mays and Tice + The Shane Page w/ Haff & Page) have said this past week the biggest problem with Brian has been that he's not returning to stuff that works and the play calls no matter the creativity don't feel like they're done in a purposeful manner and its making things look tougher than it needs to be.

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Isn't the eagles offense second in the nfl right now?

I think we are like 6th or 7th in DVOA and top 10 in most categories, but the problem is how the offense looks on a snap to snap basis. We just have lacked great sequencing with the play calls and hammering what is working which is something Steichen was great with. Things just look tougher for us this year.

Red zone offense is really where we've fell off the most since last year. I could be wrong, but I think I heard the Fins let you march down the field pretty regularly, but their red zone d is actually pretty solid, so it'll be something to pay attention to again tonight. Hopefully we can convert on majority of the opportunities we do get, cause FGs is not gonna cut it in this game.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

some different analysts I trust both national (The Athletic NFL Show w/ Mays and Tice + The Shane Page w/ Haff & Page) have said this past week the biggest problem with Brian has been that he's not returning to stuff that works and the play calls no matter the creativity don't feel like they're done in a purposeful manner and its making things look tougher than it needs to be.

Here is a clip of them talking about it if anyone is interested...

The Athletic NFL podcast with Mays and Tice talked about the same thing in their Week 7 Preview pod where they discussed Eagles/Dolphins upcoming match-up. I'm too lazy rn to find the exact time stamp, but its in the first 20 minutes or so of the pod if you wanna check that one out too.

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Xavien Howard out for Miami. Hmm, a team with suspect corners so we should be able to find success through the air. When have I heard that before?

Yeah, that is significant. They do have Cam Smith who they picked in the 2nd round that will probably have to step up.

Really hope Jalen and DeVonta cook Eli tonight. 😈

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You mean Connor Williams who is their center and a former Cowboy.

McGovern is also a former Cowboy, but he's on the Bills.

Yeah that!: exactly what mixed me up.

Their backup Eichenberg is trash, per their fans and PFF. Probably similar level to what we got from Driscoll. Fortunately for us, it’s easier to hide a weak T than a weak C. Our interior should feast.

• Like 1