MNF Week 7 San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Eagles maybe, i guess.

Chiefs look very...okay i guess.  Not really that scary though.  They're beatable any given week this year.

Hard to really believe in the Niners right now.  I get that it's without some important players, but ehhh...if they can't take the game that the Vikings tried really hard to hand to them, it's hard to call them a really good team.  Certainly not playing like it right now.

Until the last 2 weeks the 49ers were playing as well as anyone in the league, all 3 phases.

Past 2 weeks, injuries are starting to mount. 

Then you add the Any Given Sunday factor along with playing a team who's back is against the wall (must win), things like this happen. 

NO TEAM was going undefeated! Highly unlikely any team was/is going 15-2. Way to much parity and injuries occurring in the league.

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I was finally coming around to him to man, he was playing so well, what happened?

Some things were always going to regress. Some of his numbers were bat**** bonkers. He seems to play much worse on the road than at home, I think we are starting to learn that. And we may be learning that he can't play from behind very well. That one's a little more iffy because he did play well from behind until the two last drives, and then he went full blown pumpkin. But in a couple of other instances (LV last year and Cleveland last week), even when leading game winning / trying drives, he tried to give the ball away. 

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Eagles maybe, i guess.

Chiefs look very...okay i guess.  Not really that scary though.  They're beatable any given week this year.

Hard to really believe in the Niners right now.  I get that it's without some important players, but ehhh...if they can't take the game that the Vikings tried really hard to hand to them, it's hard to call them a really good team.  Certainly not playing like it right now.

You can put the Ravens in the conversation. Looking forward to seeing the Dolphins vs Chiefs. Those are the top 3 AFC teams imo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

It's crazy how much better Vikings defense looks this season when compared to last 3 seasons without any major additions too.  Brian Flores has done a great job so far. The defense was dog**** for 3 straight seasons before this

Love how he sends the house significantly more than anyone else in the league after watching the tail end of Zimmer and Donatell just content playing coverage. He’s earned a HC gig. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Until the last 2 weeks the 49ers were playing as well as anyone in the league, all 3 phases.

Then you add the Any Given Sunday factor along with playing a team who's back is against the wall (must win), things like this happen. 

NO TEAM was going undefeated! Highly unlikely any team was/is going 15-2. Way to much parity and injuries occurring in the league.

Not to mention as ugly as these 2 losses were, we lost these 2 games by a combined SEVEN points! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Some things were always going to regress. Some of his numbers were bat**** bonkers. He seems to play much worse on the road than at home, I think we are starting to learn that. And we may be learning that he can't play from behind very well. That one's a little more iffy because he did play well from behind until the two last drives, and then he went full blown pumpkin. But in a couple of other instances (LV last year and Cleveland last week), even when leading game winning / trying drives, he tried to give the ball away. 

I feel like his game is a bit one dimensional at the moment so tell me if I am wrong, but he seems to be insanely reliant on throws over the middle of the field. I never see him go outside the numbers... like ever. Is that a limitation on his part or the Niners just refusing to use that part of the field?

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I feel like his game is a bit one dimensional at the moment so tell me if I am wrong, but he seems to be insanely reliant on throws over the middle of the field. I never see him go outside the numbers... like ever. Is that a limitation on his part or the Niners just refusing to use that part of the field?

That's just Shanahan's offense. 49ers rarely go down the sideline, or outside the numbers on a lot of throws. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I mean no, expecting a perfect season wasn't gonna happen.  But it doesn't really feel like there are any particular juggernauts this year.

Pretty much everyone who is in the conversation, has laid at least one complete egg of a game at some point.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

You can put the Ravens in the conversation. Looking forward to seeing the Dolphins vs Chiefs. Those are the top 3 AFC teams imo.

They might be the top teams, but they also all look completely capable of getting knocked out of their first playoff game.

I don't mind it.  But the league feels extra topsy turvy this season.  Lots of parity and fine margins.

• Like 1