The MVP race

Steelersfan43

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

1 Tyreek
2 Patty
3 Tua
4 Watt/Garrett
6 Lamar/Goff

Is CMC having a noticeably better season than Mostert? Caff has about 100 total yards more, but Mostert has better YPC and 2 more TD's.

CMC has 100 yards more, but he plays tonight, so that's in one less game than Mostert. There's also a valid argument to be made that Mostert hasn't even been the most impressive back on his own team. And if Tua gets hurt in this conversation by also having Tyreek, that would be doubly so for Mostert, having Tyreek, Tua, and Achane all outshining him within that offense. CMC is at least very likely the best player in that offense, unless you're really really passionate about blocking tightends.

14 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

1 Tyreek
2 Patty
3 Tua
4 Watt/Garrett
6 Lamar/Goff

Is CMC having a noticeably better season than Mostert? Caff has about 100 total yards more, but Mostert has better YPC and 2 more TD's.

keep in mind - CMC has also played in one fewer game than Mostert at this point in time.

True about Mostert playing an extra game. I would probably put Caff at 8 after Lamar/Goff. He's having the best RB season, but it's getting stomped by what Tyreek is doing at WR. AJ needs more TD's to enter the convo, even though he's on pace for 1900 and change.

Don't care if someone thinks I'm being a homer... TJ Watt is in the top 4. The Steelers are an all-time bad offense (53 straight games without going over 400 yards of offense in the modern day NFL and yet they're 4-2. He has 3 created turnovers, 2 additional fortuitous turnovers, is second in sacks, third in tackles for loss, and is part of a defense that gets no help from it's offense. Do I think the Steelers finish above .500 and he remains a candidate? Not at all. But right now, he is.

35 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Is it really Tua or Tyreek? 

It’s 8 weeks in and it’s still a wide open race. CJ Stroud got an outside shot in my eyes. 

how do you think Frank Reich  feels after todays games ()Stroud vs Young's games today) ?

Honestly, Texans aren’t likely aren’t making the playoffs but here are my rules with MVP:

- Must finish at least 10-7 and make the playoffs

- Must be at least .500 to be on the list

My MVP List:

1) CJ Stroud

2) Tua

3) Tyreek

4) Josh Allen

5) Mahomes

6) CMC

The clear 6 at the moment. Although I think if guys like Lamar and Burrow stay hot, they have a chance. This award is WIDE OPEN. 

Will Texans make the playoffs? Probably not. So Stroud likely doesn’t win. Will Stroud keep up this pace? Probably not. But right now, he’s my #1 for MVP. 

• Like 1