The MVP race

Steelersfan43

20 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Mostly timing. Their matchup happened early in the season when nothing was really at stake. 

Hunh??? That's a key tiebreaker one powerhouse team needs over the other in the conference. The stakes were relevant then, just as they are now. 

17 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hunh??? That's a key tiebreaker one powerhouse team needs over the other in the conference. The stakes were relevant then, just as they are now. 

I'm just speculating how Lamar might enter the MVP convo. If in the next 3 weeks the Ravens sweep the Jags, Dolphins, and 49ers (2 of the games are in prime time) and Lamar plays great, and the Ravens are the only 3 win team in both conferences, I can see a narrative for him being MVP. I'm not saying it's right or it makes sense, I'm just guessing how the media might react if that were to happen, however unlikely. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm just speculating how Lamar might enter the MVP convo. If in the next 3 weeks the Ravens sweep the Jags, Dolphins, and 49ers (2 of the games are in prime time) and Lamar plays great, and the Ravens are the only 3 win team in both conferences, I can see a narrative for him being MVP. I'm not saying it's right or it makes sense, I'm just guessing how the media might react if that were to happen, however unlikely. 

Ahhhh yes, well then Lamar would definitely be able to state his case if he can go on a dominant run in the final few weeks. Guessing it comes down to Lamar, Hurts, and Purdy. It's a shame someone like CMC, Hill, or Trent Williams probably won't even come close. League desperately needs a shakeup with this award. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, typecast said:

This was brought up in the 49ers section. The past two weeks DAL/SF have faced both the Eagles and Hawks. Here's how Purdy and Dak did.

HWfusEE.png

And Dak is overall still more productive despite the slow start to the season as the offense adjusted to a new OC and play caller.