The MVP race

Steelersfan43

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Yeah its essentially fantasy football

Season is over as far as mvp voting goes

No it’s not. Dak can win it next week. 

I also disagree with essentially fantasy football. MVP is more of an efficiency award instead of bulk stats. Fantasy = bulk stats. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

I just watched the entire 70 seconds of this. The number of times it goes from being funny, to not funny, to hilarious, to annoying, back to hilarious is quite the rollercoaster 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just watched the entire 70 seconds of this. The number of times it goes from being funny, to not funny, to hilarious, to annoying, back to hilarious is quite the rollercoaster 

I watched it after you posted this and i had to watch it and i was laughing out loud throughout because if the additional context

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

No it’s not. Dak can win it next week. 

I also disagree with essentially fantasy football. MVP is more of an efficiency award instead of bulk stats. Fantasy = bulk stats. 

Honestly outside of him throwing for 500 yards and 8 TD's, there's nothing he can do to win it next week. Lamar isn't going to play next week so this is how his season ends, and he just absolutely obliterated 2 of the best teams in the NFL and outdueled 2 other MVP candidates back to back.

Dak can't touch that. 2nd place is nice, though.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Honestly outside of him throwing for 500 yards and 8 TD's, there's nothing he can do to win it next week. Lamar isn't going to play next week so this is how his season ends, and he just absolutely obliterated 2 of the best teams in the NFL and outdueled 2 other MVP candidates back to back.

And then again its the commanders. So even if

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Dak leapfrogs our lord and savior Glock13???

Funny-508.jpg

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Just because there aren’t superstar names at the skill positions for Lamar that doesn’t mean he has poor skill around him. There’s a reason why they’re the strongest team in the league even with his production being so ho-how for the majority of the season with the exception of the outlier performance tonight.. and that’s with a defense that gives them a lot of opportunity. This league is so over reactive to what happens any given day that it’s not surprising that all of a sudden Lamar is seen as the auto pick when he wasn’t even really in the conversation all that long ago. Purdy and Dak were apparently disqualified for having simply one bad game each in this recent run of games despite being arguably more individually impressive. But Lamar’s team has been so hot that he’ll win it on narrative. Dak could throw for 500, 5 TD, zero picks next week and it wouldn’t even matter. 

Again, nowhere did I say his skill positions were poor. I was pretty descriptive in how I described them which makes you calling out OTHER people having reading comprehension issues ******* hilarious. If your goal is to get on as many ignore lists as possible, keep on keeping on.

I'll leave you with this (no need to actually answer) - what case could Dak possibly have over Purdy? If your argument is Daks numbers, Purdys are better, he led a better offense and destroyed Dak head to head. The next place you'll go is the team, as if the Cowboys defense and special teams haven't been incredible all season. Dak is good. The Cowboys are really good. Purdy has been better. Lamar has been better. The stats show that for Purdy, not so much for Lamar until you dig deeper.

If your question is simply "what could Dak do?" Very little now. But had he done to the Lions what Lamar just did to the Dolphins, that would have put him in the discussion. But he didn't.

Go look at what Lamar did to the Niners. If you think that was just "so so" then I am not sure what to tell you.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Again, nowhere did I say his skill positions were poor. I was pretty descriptive in how I described them which makes you calling out OTHER people having reading comprehension issues ******* hilarious. If your goal is to get on as many ignore lists as possible, keep on keeping on.

I'll leave you with this (no need to actually answer) - what case could Dak possibly have over Purdy? If your argument is Daks numbers, Purdys are better, he led a better offense and destroyed Dak head to head. The next place you'll go is the team, as if the Cowboys defense and special teams haven't been incredible all season. Dak is good. The Cowboys are really good. Purdy has been better. Lamar has been better. The stats show that for Purdy, not so much for Lamar until you dig deeper.

If your question is simply "what could Dak do?" Very little now. But had he done to the Lions what Lamar just did to the Dolphins, that would have put him in the discussion. But he didn't.

Go look at what Lamar did to the Niners. If you think that was just "so so" then I am not sure what to tell you.

You implied it lmao. Regardless, you’re saying there is significant skill disparity which was clearly and obviously the point of my message.. which shouldn’t have been that hard to follow. The entire point of my post in response was to speak to that in saying that the team around Lamar has obviously performed well.. hence him not needing to produce at high levels while his team still dominates. Given this, it makes zero sense to point out skill disparity on the two teams. It’s so obviously self contradictory.. please do yourself a favor and don’t say a word about my reading comprehension. Not to mention taking more personal shots saying that I’m being added to ignore lists as if that’s something I care about. I keep it real and don’t follow dumb football cliches. I get attacked any given day that I post on these forums simply for being pro-Dallas.. and then I’m the bad guy when I give it back and call out the absolutely nonsensical content thrown my way (including your most recent post, sorry).

This was never about propping Dak up above Lamar OR Purdy. The fact that you think otherwise is a poor assumption on your part. I’m simply advocating for his inclusion in the conversation, and people want to insult me over it bc Dallas bad >:(. But really, I simply think there are other players in the conversation with Lamar. People just don’t want to hear it because he had an outlier performance and it’s all they can remember because it just happened and people act like you’re solely defined by your last game. 

It’s amazing how absolutely bothered people get by inserting anything pro-Dallas into a conversation. Literally all I had to was say that Dak is still in the conversation and apparently that’s an invitation for a total **** storm of disrespect and personal attacks. As if it’d even be worth my time going over Dak’s particular case given the energy around here if it’s even so much as mentioned. It’s sad. 

Kudos to Lamar. Kudos to Purdy. Kudos to Tua. I have nothing against these players. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

Lamar is doing to win because despite having the worst stats of all the QBs he has a higher combination of lesser talented skill positions and better victories/losses. The Ravens have destroyed good teams all year while the Cowboys has mostly beaten up on bad teams. The schedule is the schedule and you can only play whoever is on it obviously, but when there's a MASSIVE gap in terms of competition you can't just ignore it.

13 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

He has a modern offensive coordinator now,  don't really care about his past playoffs, youngest to win 2 mvps,  and manning didn't get playoff win around this age so giving him time 

Well no one was pounding the table for Manning to be in the HOF around age 26, but I see your point overall.