The MVP race

Steelersfan43

On 1/3/2024 at 10:56 PM, incognito_man said:

Did you guys see Lamar's fake leftie vs Miami on the Zay TD? That was awesome 

I don't know who thought of it, but it was brilliant. First play of a drive against a defense used to practacing against Tua. It definitely threw off the defense from the right side

• Like 2

What happens if Lamar is trailing and has to throw? Out of the 190 QB seasons in the last 4 years where a QB has 50+ pass attempts when trailing, each of Lamar's last 4 are in the top 15 for passer rating.

https://stathead.com/football/player_split_finder.cgi?request=1&order_by=pass_rating&year_min=2020&split_list=Score+Differential&sub_pt_diff=Trailing&stat_ratio=season&show[]=pass&type=player&ccomp[1]=gt&cval[1]=50&cstat[1]=pass_att

Lamar's raw stats are definitely limited by the fact that he isn't in this situation often.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't know who thought of it, but it was brilliant. First play of a drive against a defense used to practacing against Tua. It definitely threw off the defense from the right side

I fanboi'd over that play. Really clever 

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It was a play that has been in the playbook since camp. Lamar recently asked Monken if he could do it with a leftie drop back to confuse the defense and Monken was all for it.

They practiced it that previous week in prep and Lamar executed it in the game. So it was a collaboration between Monken and Lamar.

• Like 1

Have to wonder if Dak hits Cook on that 4thQ fade and that pass in Q1 doesn’t get deflected for an INT, if he gets MVP consideration.  Would have been 90% Comp for 300+yds and 5TDs 0INTs (against WAS, we get it) but his year stats are:

4400yds 68% 7.8Y/A 34TD 8INTs 104PSR 71QBR

vs. Lamar:

4500yds 67% 8Y/A 29TD 7INTs 103PSR 65QBR

vs. Brock:

4400yds 69% 9.6Y/A 33TD 11INTs 113PSR 73QBR

3 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Have to wonder if Dak hits Cook on that 4thQ fade and that pass in Q1 doesn’t get deflected for an INT, if he gets MVP consideration.  Would have been 90% Comp for 300+yds and 5TDs 0INTs (against WAS, we get it) but his year stats are:

vs. Lamar:

vs. Brock:

No, the MVP race was over after Lamar's Dolphins performance. Lamar played well all season but in two marquee games back to back, he played phenomenal. 

Dak had a great season though and was very worthy of being an MVP candidate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

vs. Lamar:

vs. Brock:

Now add rushing stats

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Now add rushing stats

Brock Purdy    12-4 w/l | 69.4 comp | 4,424 totYards | 9.6 ypa | 33 td : 13 to | 113.0 rtg
Dak Prescott   12-5 w/l | 69.5 comp | 4,758 totYards | 7.7 ypa | 38 td : 11 to | 105.9 rtg
Lamar Jackson  13-3 w/l | 67.2 comp | 4,499 totYards | 8.0 ypa | 29 td : 13 to | 102.7 rtg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

vs. Lamar:

vs. Brock:

Maybe this was why McCarthy kept him the game against the worst defence in the league and risked injuring him when the game was all over? Can't see any other reason to continue to play him after going up by 18 half way through the 3rd quarter. Hell, I can't see why Dak even saw the field after half time.

2 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Maybe this was why McCarthy kept him the game against the worst defence in the league and risked injuring him when the game was all over? Can't see any other reason to continue to play him after going up by 18 half way through the 3rd quarter. Hell, I can't see why Dak even saw the field after half time.

You know why, no QB stats pads in more meaninglessness games better then Dak Prescott. Up 25 pts in the 3rd QT and still playing?

Jerry probably had a point total/statistical number already set for McCarthy to hit, trying to get Dak MVP , trying get Lamb WR yardage leader.

They just never thought It would take 3 QT against that defense to get it. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Now add rushing stats

He actually did for Lamar. If you add it in for Dak it’s even more in his favor. Lamar didn’t play in 17 games of course, but from a productivity standpoint Dak was a bit more impressive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Momentum. Dak had plenty of moments this season sitting on the sideline with a ball cap on in the 4th quarter. Certainly more so than most.

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Now add rushing stats

Thought I did but apparently I shorted them thanks to ESPN.

Dak: 4750yds 38 TD 9 INT 2 FL (11 TO) 105.9PSR 72.6 QBR

Lamar: 4499yds 29 TD 7 INT 6 FL (13 TO) 102.7PSR 65.1 QBR

Brock: 4424yds 31 TD 11 INT 2 FL (13 TO) 113.0PSR 72.8 QBR

• Like 1