League looking into Falcons for not reporting RB Bijan Robinson's illness

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I dunno...I think @RuskieTitan might have a point here. And if it ends up being a top-5 pick, that will teach the rest of the league even harder not to challenge the NFL's authority.

The Falcons having a high 1st is punishment enough, they will draft an uber prospect and not throw him the ball

• Like 4

Robinson was not on the team’s injury report but was limited to 11 snaps and one carry (for 3 yards) because of an illness. Robinson started feeling “funny” Saturday night and then woke Sunday with “my head pounding,” he said after the game. He informed the team Sunday during warmups for the game, he said.

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/nfl-week-8-schedule-scores-results/XX8E9hagzOvY/dTWHXLTy7M2M/

Uh, If he didn't tell the team until warmups right before the game, when were they supposed to amend their injury report? 

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/nfl-week-8-schedule-scores-results/XX8E9hagzOvY/dTWHXLTy7M2M/

Uh, If he didn't tell the team until warmups right before the game, when were they supposed to amend their injury report? 

I think they should punish the Falcons by taking at least one first, they can't let Arthur Smith continue to ruin the game for us fans that are paying our hard earned money to watch these guys play.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:18 PM, RuskieTitan said:

So the precedent was set, and teams continue to skirt the rule. Would justify rising the penalty to a level that prevents it from occuring again.

If the Steelers were hit with a 1st round pick, I doubt Atlanta would have done this. Then again, maybe they would still, but at least they'd know the risks.

That's absurd. Let's be real. The only reason the NFL even cares, is because of the amount of money being bet on thier product. 

If not for gambling and fantasy football,  this would be a non issue. Which is pretty hypocritical by the NFL all things considered with "thier gambling policies".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's absurd. Let's be real. The only reason the NFL even cares, is because of the amount of money being bet on thier product. 

If not for gambling and fantasy football,  this would be a non issue. Which is pretty hypocritical by the NFL all things considered with "thier gambling policies".

Thank you. Considering Arthur Smith and the org didn't even know until pre-game warm-ups, there's no injury protocol that has to be followed here. Basically, nothing should happen.

28 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

"The only reason the NFL even cares is because of business"

Gee, I wonder why the NFL would care, huh? Or did you think they are a public service?

Of course money and gambling is the reason they'd have punishments, do you think they care about the opinion of an unpaying fan complaining about the absurdity, or the money printing gambling apps that throw sponsorship money at the owners?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

"The only reason the NFL even cares is because of business"

Gee, I wonder why the NFL would care, huh? Or did you think they are a public service?

Of course money and gambling is the reason they'd have punishments, do you think they care about the opinion of an unpaying fan complaining about the absurdity, or the money printing gambling apps that throw sponsorship money at the owners?

Makes one wonder just how many people "inside the NFL" (Non Players of course) we can't have that now can we 👌 ,are actually betting on NFL outcomes?🤔

I mean surely that doesn't occur at the highest of levels right, (on the down low) of course. 😉

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I thought I read that he reported it the night before?

Read the article I linked earlier in the thread. He felt it the night before but never told the team. Had the team known, they probably would have had him checked out and tried to medicate him before the game. 

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Read the article I linked earlier in the thread. He felt it the night before but never told the team. Had the team known, they probably would have had him checked out and tried to medicate him before the game. 

Gotcha. I just remembered reading that he felt it the night before and took all sorts of medications to try to make it go away but ultimately couldn't go. I thought he reported it to the team that night.

If they found out during pre-game warmups and still didn't report it that's still a violation I think.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Gotcha. I just remembered reading that he felt it the night before and took all sorts of medications to try to make it go away but ultimately couldn't go. I thought he reported it to the team that night.

If they found out during pre-game warmups and still didn't report it that's still a violation I think.

He tried taking some over the counter stuff apparently. But nothing the team told him about. He never reported it to the team. And if the team finds out in warm ups, I don’t think there’s any penalty. 

• 1 month later...