Week 8 Thread: (6-1) Eagles vs (3-4) Commanders / GIF Theme: Ron Rivera staring blankly on the sideline doing nothing (there's plenty)

MikeT14

8 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hopefully Lucas gets some consideration as well. He has looked really good when called upon. 

*edit*

Also interesting that they wouldn't turn to the rookie Stromberg here. He has seen action at guard, give the kid a chance. 

Lucus should be the LT idk why we think Leno the answer . Wylie should be benched to but either or works for me as long as Lucus plays . 
He also needs to come back next year cause he’s valuable as a back up .

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

In their defense, it’s way more important to evaluate the QB than it is to evaluate some mid-round IOL. If Larsen is more ready to play and captain the OL, you probably have to use him for now. At the moment, it remains somewhat hard to tell if the insane sack issues are truly just a Howell thing or if the OL is so bad that any young QB would be getting destroyed back there.

I’m sure that’s not why they are doing it — I’m sure they’re still focused on trying to win games. But I think for our purposes, we’ve really got to be able to make a final decision on Howell based on what we see this year, and it’s just awfully difficult to do that with the OL being disorganized and seemingly overmatched. 

All fair points, I just don't know why you bother drafting a guy in the 3rd round if when the starter goes down you don't give him a shot especially when everyone says how great he is doing.  

10 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I had eagles blowing us out but since I found out Larsen and Stromberg or CP playing at guard I like our chances especially with Hurts out .

fanhood - 24 -16 washington

Reality - eagles win 27-10

Wait...what? I didn't see this. Where was this reported?

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

In their defense, it’s way more important to evaluate the QB than it is to evaluate some mid-round IOL. If Larsen is more ready to play and captain the OL, you probably have to use him for now. At the moment, it remains somewhat hard to tell if the insane sack issues are truly just a Howell thing or if the OL is so bad that any young QB would be getting destroyed back there.

I’m sure that’s not why they are doing it — I’m sure they’re still focused on trying to win games. But I think for our purposes, we’ve really got to be able to make a final decision on Howell based on what we see this year, and it’s just awfully difficult to do that with the OL being disorganized and seemingly overmatched. 

Would you pick any of the other QBs if we aren't high enough to get Williams or Maye? Personally I love Bo Nix and Penix Jr but I don't see them as upgrades to Howell. I think they're in the same tier of prospects. I have watched a ton of Colorado this year and Sanders just does nothing for me. Quinn Ewers may be the most overrated collegiate player since Hackenberg so I'm out on him. 

Give me Joe Alt or JC Latham and Cade Stover in the first two rounds and I want to run it back with Howell and a better staff. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Would you pick any of the other QBs if we aren't high enough to get Williams or Maye? Personally I love Bo Nix and Penix Jr but I don't see them as upgrades to Howell. I think they're in the same tier of prospects. I have watched a ton of Colorado this year and Sanders just does nothing for me. Quinn Ewers may be the most overrated collegiate player since Hackenberg so I'm out on him. 

Give me Joe Alt or JC Latham and Cade Stover in the first two rounds and I want to run it back with Howell and a better staff. 

I’m with most of this. I think Ewers (maybe not Hackenburg level) and Sanders are currently a little overvalued. 

Penix and Nix are both intriguing but I’m not wanting to bite a first rounder on that yet either. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m with most of this. I think Ewers (maybe not Hackenburg level) and Sanders are currently a little overvalued. 

Penix and Nix are both intriguing but I’m not wanting to bite a first rounder on that yet either. 

Having a hard time figuring out Bo Nix.  But, amazing what a competent coach will do for a QB.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

special teams likely. Hope he gets some D snaps though. Let the next H C see what we have !

Riveria says he has a heckova a physique. Based on that , I guess Arny S would have been a great footballer !

flexing-flex.gif 

Jabril Cox Sunday

• Like 1