Raider Trade Deadline Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

How about this guy? Seems like he'd fit right in to the culture:

I'm f---ing tired of this s--t ... Seven f---ing years of the same s--t." Commanders DL Jonathan Allen's

Out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind 😁

Really like Allen as a player but he’s no spring chicken anymore and I’m a little torn as we simply don’t have a QB and we might need all the draft capital we can to trade up for a top prospect. 

I’d hate to trade for Allen and leave us short so we’re left out in he cold again in the draft regarding a QB and starting Garoppolo next year. That would be a complete waste of time. 

Ideally, we could land a guy like Allen and still draft a top prospect so we can get to work immediately next year on becoming a contender, however, the other issue for me is that I don’t trust McDaniels to pick the right QB or develop him………

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind 😁

Really like Allen as a player but he’s no spring chicken anymore and I’m a little torn as we simply don’t have a QB and we might need all the draft capital we can to trade up for a top prospect. 

I’d hate to trade for Allen and leave us short so we’re left out in he cold again in the draft regarding a QB and starting Garoppolo next year. That would be a complete waste of time. 

Ideally, we could land a guy like Allen and still draft a top prospect so we can get to work immediately next year on becoming a contender, however, the other issue for me is that I don’t trust McDaniels to pick the right QB or develop him………

Agree. Kind of sucks having a coach everyone wants fired trying to save his job and will probably make some decisions accordingly. 

I personally don't want anything to happen at the trade deadline. I don't want the next regime to be stripped of picks or a good player from these guys assuming they are let go. 

Literal football hell right now as a Raider fan. 

• Like 3

On 10/24/2023 at 10:49 AM, big_palooka said:

Far more likely they are buyers. This group is in self preservation mode. They will do anything to attempt to secure their future. They are not going to admit defeat and sell parts unless they know their jobs are secure. Agree with @BackinBlack here. Could be very telling based on what we see. 

Agreed. That's why they won't play the rookie QB.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Which is odd. You'd think playing the rookie would give you more grace vs. trotting out a 37 year old bum who hasn't won a game in 7 years. But what do we know. 

Seems like he doesn't have very much patience for OConnell either versus the other 2 quarterbacks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Which is odd. You'd think playing the rookie would give you more grace vs. trotting out a 37 year old bum who hasn't won a game in 7 years. But what do we know. 

They originally wanted to start Hoyer vs Chargers but caved into pressure to start the Rook.

When we lost , they 2nd guessed themselves by listening to the fans. The relief win vs Patriots gave them confidence in Hoyer only to blow up in their faces. 

Coaching malpractice starting Hoyer, who should be on the coaching staff instead of getting game checks 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They originally wanted to start Hoyer vs Chargers but caved into pressure to start the Rook.

When we lost , they 2nd guessed themselves by listening to the fans. The relief win vs Patriots gave them confidence in Hoyer only to blow up in their faces. 

Coaching malpractice starting Hoyer, who should be on the coaching staff instead of getting game checks 

They caved and then let Mack destroy our RT and rookie QB.  We should've been double teaming him and chipping him all game but we just let Mack feast.  It was rough to watch.  That alone just sums up how incompetent Josh McDaniels is.  He isn't even trying to win.  At least it doesn't look like it.  At all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

They caved and then let Mack destroy our RT and rookie QB.  We should've been double teaming him and chipping him all game but we just let Mack feast.  It was rough to watch.  That alone just sums up how incompetent Josh McDaniels is.  He isn't even trying to win.  At least it doesn't look like it.  At all.

I think he’s trying to win. However, he struggles with coaching duties and running an offense. Many coaches can’t do both. 

A lot of great coordinators fail at this aspect of Head Coaching. They stick to what they know instead of giving autonomy to their assistants to run the offense or defense while they oversee the entire team. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

He needs a winner under center, if only we had one on the roster, oh wait...