The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I love this whole thing and all it's weirdness

There's only 7 judges on that court. Even if it is 100% randomized, which it likely isn't, that is still a 14% chance of this happening. The size of the place doesn't matter, it's the size of the court

• Like 1

Honestly this could galvanize the team even more and they could use it as motivation and a rallying cry, a little us against the world type of mentality.   It could seriously be great for the football team and they already showed they can win without Harbaugh on the sidelines and the fact they are so player lead is a big reason why they are successful in the first place.  

I would much rather they punish the coach and not really the players for something like this.  Someone said with the NCAA attacking Jim Harbaugh like they have this season and that was said in the first few weeks, most likely he is off to the NFL if a teams asks.  I would not be shocked about that one.  Curious if the Raiders would go after him.  

Real good chance they play great against Penn State today and are super motivated.  Probably good for a team blowing everyone out all the time.  

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Yours is probably correct. I was going by a site I don't like the look of at 2nd glance.

https://www.collegeraptor.com/college-rankings/details/TopRevenue/Conference/Big-Ten-Conference/

Michigan would do just fine as Independent if they wanted to go the ND route.

Michigan doesn't need the Big Ten. The Big Ten doesn't need Michigan either with their additions.

Honestly the one school who would suffer most is OSU imo if Michigan left.  OSU wouldn't die off or anything but they treat the rivalry bigger than UM.

Not sure I would like to see them leave but wouldn't care if they did. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If the catcher was dumb enough not to have multiple signs and change them up after each inning then that’s on him.

Oh it happened when you start playing teams like the Midland Braves and Ohio Warhawks but your average Lawrence Haddix team wasn't doing that. Getting mad was much easier 

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

There's only 7 judges on that court. Even if it is 100% randomized, which it likely isn't, that is still a 14% chance of this happening. The size of the place doesn't matter, it's the size of the court

I wasn't aware of that. Ok so definitely less ironic than I thought. Still better than the guy who was initially appointed and is a law lecturer at the school. Not like he'd be partial to one vs the other

26 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Michigan would do just fine as Independent if they wanted to go the ND route.

Michigan doesn't need the Big Ten. The Big Ten doesn't need Michigan either with their additions.

Honestly the one school who would suffer most is OSU imo if Michigan left.  OSU wouldn't die off or anything but they treat the rivalry bigger than UM.

Not sure I would like to see them leave but wouldn't care if they did. 

UM doesn't have the same following as Notre Dame outside of their state. Their revenue would take a massive hit imo. There may also be issues with recruiting going forward and a couple middling seasons and they could be forgotten about. Yeah, it would hurt everyone but Michigan State might just replace them if they start picking up their lost in state recruits.

They aren't going anywhere though. Just empty threats. They are being crybabies because they are embarrassed that they got caught cheating. Take your medicine, it will help going forward.

Stop cheating though, I really feel like they have been a fraud the last few years now. It has tarnished their accomplishments. Pretty sure every good opponent they face going forward will be at a disadvantage having to create new signs just for games against them but it's probably better than having them know many of the signs. They definitely deserve an asterisk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

UM doesn't have the same following as Notre Dame outside of their state. Their revenue would take a massive hit imo. There may also be issues with recruiting going forward and a couple middling seasons and they could be forgotten about. Yeah, it would hurt everyone but Michigan State might just replace them if they start picking up their lost in state recruits.

They aren't going anywhere though. Just empty threats. They are being crybabies because they are embarrassed that they got caught cheating. Take your medicine, it will help going forward.

Stop cheating though, I really feel like they have been a fraud the last few years now. It has tarnished their accomplishments. Pretty sure every good opponent they face going forward will be at a disadvantage having to create new signs just for games against them but it's probably better than having them know many of the signs. They definitely deserve an asterisk.

They have a fringe to 12 fan base in terms of traveling. Think last I saw ND was around 7th. 

It's been a bit since I looked but think they would be about same. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

“Don’t punish the players from the team that cheated their competition the past couple years.”

Such a silly argument. 

Yeah that is why they won the past few years in the conference, sign stealing?   

No how about having 9 players drafted in the NFL in 2023, 5 players drafted in 2022, 8 in 2021 and soon to be in 2024 potentially 13-15.   In 2022 they even had 6 UDFAs signings.  They could easily have the entire starting offensive line all be drafted in the up coming draft.

Yeah maybe that has a little bit more to do with winning than stealing a freaking signal or two which is even done during the actual freaking games.  You do not need to buy tickets to go to opponents games, why not just do it in the 1st and 2nd quarter when you are playing them...   Do not pretend that does not happen, oh but Michigan is the only program in college football history that scouts opponents and tries to get an edge and steal a sign or a play or a signal....  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Honestly this could galvanize the team even more and they could use it as motivation and a rallying cry, a little us against the world type of mentality.   It could seriously be great for the football team and they already showed they can win without Harbaugh on the sidelines and the fact they are so player lead is a big reason why they are successful in the first place.  

I would much rather they punish the coach and not really the players for something like this.  Someone said with the NCAA attacking Jim Harbaugh like they have this season and that was said in the first few weeks, most likely he is off to the NFL if a teams asks.  I would not be shocked about that one.  Curious if the Raiders would go after him.  

Real good chance they play great against Penn State today and are super motivated.  Probably good for a team blowing everyone out all the time.  

Bet

• Like 1