The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

That leads to this question: Who's name is on the pass?  You can see it somewhat clearly in some of the photos, is there no identifying marks on who that pass is tied to?

It'd be sooo easy to figure out who this is if anyone knew. There were apparently many videos of him acting buddy, buddy on the sidelines with people so they have to know, right?

This whole thing is beautifully ridiculous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

That leads to this question: Who's name is on the pass?  You can see it somewhat clearly in some of the photos, is there no identifying marks on who that pass is tied to?

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It'd be sooo easy to figure out who this is if anyone knew. There were apparently many videos of him acting buddy, buddy on the sidelines with people so they have to know, right?

84jhlf.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

There has to be some CMU staffer completely losing his mind on the sideline like "Did...did I not take this guy's job last year? I swear to god he left."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

No. As someone who was a student SID, there's no real way to identify these people. 90% of the time, it's some student on work study handing out these things. 

I'm going to ask the obvious question: Can't they just find his cell phone pings?

But then there's going to be videos released on a guy who looks like him in a Speedway, wearing an N92 so we can't really see who he is, buying 13 burner phones while his cell was left at his $450k home. 

That's really the only way this could go.

10 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Harbs is not a good NFL coach. Apparently he's not much of a college coach either.

Could not be happier that I gave up on this program. Bunch of toolbags.

Im interested to see his attempted transition back to the NFL and how that plays out. Will the NFL really blackball him if he has outstanding violations with the NCAA? How hard will teams even go after him because of all this. He tried last year and it didnt work out so what makes some think he will just easy breezy get a job immediately.

He hasnt coached in the NFL in 9 years, are teams worried about that transition back?

Edited by AkronsWitness

I may be in the minority here, but I feel like the systemic cheating and the effort that has been put into cheating are far worse than the actual cheating that has taken place. Stealing signs by deciphering them feels like a part of the game. This... This is something else.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38798293/big-ten-coaches-urge-conference-take-action-michigan-sign-stealing-emotional-call

Seems relevant. The rest of the conference is urging the commissioner to take action against Michigan. Makes sense, I just don’t know what that action would be exactly. The cat is already out of the bag with them having everyone’s stuff.