The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Part of this whole ordeal was "was Connor the lone wolf" though. This completely destroys that notion if I am reading it correctly. This would indicate that not only did he know, but other players knew, and undoubtedly, other coaches as well.

I have to believe this quote is taken out of context b/c while McCarthy is an utter douchebag, he can't be this naive and stupid.... 

I agree that there was obvious knowledge but I’m just not even going to come down on the players on this. There are very few college athletes if any who are going to turn the other way when a coach or analyst who is leading the program is conditioning the game plan or signaling in what is going on. It’s a shame that a coach/coaches put his players in the position he did when they have worked hard to get to where they are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-jim-harbaugh-seeks-unusual-protections-in-michigan-contract-extension-talks 

Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports reports that Harbaugh seeks an “unusual” protection in his next Wolverine contract regarding the possibility of future NCAA punishment. Specifically, Wetzel reports that Harbaugh wants “language that would grant him immunity from termination from any finding or sanction that could arise from multiple current NCAA investigations.”

50RpHS.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Totally what you'd expect an innocent person to do.

12 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

The NCAA has had it out for Harbaugh for years. Not shocked he wants the clause. Does make him look suspect as heck too.

Not at all if anyone actually bothered to read the details.

A) He doesn’t want Warde to be able to fire him based off what is already known in response to whatever an unpredictable and corrupt organization known as the ncaa decides to do.  His contract is with Michigan.  Michigan has the information and they should make up there own minds at this point.  This is not a protection against future allegations or any newly discovered evidence 

B) In regards to any future allegations.  Harbaugh does not trust Warde.  They have a shaker relationship. Harbaugh has concerns Warde could be the type to pander to the ncaa and he also may have ties to Jim Stapleton.  Jim doesn’t want Warde having the power to fire him.  The clause is that any punishment from the university would instead be decided by an agreed upon 3 person arbitration panel.  This does not protect Harbaugh from any wrong doing it simply insures him due process.  That is perfectly reasonable and not any indication of guilt whatsoever. 

That said the bigger issue really is does Jim want one last crack at the big prize ?  He has his national title he may simple feel mission accomplished and want to go for a Super Bowl.  His time, leadership and accomplishments in A2 are very much appreciated regardless of his decision.  Hope it all works out and he’s on Michigans sideline for another decade.  

GO BLUE 2024 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 15-0 

25 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

"Yall already know just how much cheating happened at the program under my supervision, but I won you a Natty so now you shouldn't be able to fire me if/when the news comes out."

Stay ignorant and ignore relevant information provided

38 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably not a horse.

I had no clue you were an OSU or MSU fan b/c we've been told by our resident deity that only those fans think anyone did anything wrong. 

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I had no clue you were an OSU or MSU fan b/c we've been told by our resident deity that only those fans think anyone did anything wrong. 

You forgot low football iq ignorant fans 

Doesn't seem weird at all. A lot of Michigan fans (and employees) don't like him. He seems incredibly difficult to be around. If they're willing to extend him they certainly shouldn't be worried about the current scandal especially when the NCAA president Charlie Baker has already come out and basically said this thing is over.

They did something pretty minor that had terrible optics and got punished. It was a fun story when photos of incognito Stallions were coming out, but there isn't a good story here until something new comes out.

We're also in a weird period. The NCAA clearly lost a ton of power and there is no longer a single body with controlling oversight over college football. They're going to have to figure that out before moving on with future sanctions.