The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

46 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Harbaugh is the kind of guy who would demand his assistants wear Michigan gear when spying on other teams doesn't surprise me at all he'd get caught.

“I don’t care what you wear so long as it’s Maize and Blue and your hat is not on backwards. Khakis preferred.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lol If anything comes of this, there is no way Harbaugh comes back next season

Michigan is running absolutely wild with these flagrant breaking of the rules. IMO they are quickly heading down a path of lack of institutional control, and should be a candidate for the Death Penalty if it means keeping all the other, rule abiding programs in line to demonstrate what happens when you willfully ignore rules.

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Couldn't possibly imagine caring

I don't care about stealing signs as players still need to execute. Does it give you an advantage? Absolutely. But is it really that big of one? It's debatable. I played competitive baseball for a dozen years and stealing signs is part of the game. That said, if there are clear rule violations, our opinions don't matter. 

“I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment," Harbaugh said in a statement.

“I have no awareness of anyone on our staff having done that or having directed that action," Harbaugh said in his statement. "... No matter what program or organization that I have led throughout my career, my instructions and awareness of how we scout opponents have always been firmly within the rules."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38696639/ncaa-investigating-no-2-michigan-amid-sign-stealing-allegations

Just thought I’d post the quotes that end up burying Jim on this.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1