The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

8 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Hey guys, heading to my first game at the Shoe this weekend. Anyone know what the best vantage point is in the stadium? Want to make sure I get a good view of the action on the sideline. Uh, field. 

I find the B deck is as good as it gets:

ohio-stadium.jpg
If sold out try 11C:

Ohio-Stadium-Football-Section-11C-Row-41

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The fact that seats like this exists anywhere in 2023..... or even 2003 for that matter... is absolutely insane to me. 

@NateDawg and I sat here but closer to the post vs Illinois in a monsoon several years ago. His wife surprised us with tickets and in hindsight it was hilarious. When our wives saw the look on our faces only able to see 60% of the field going in one direction, it was priceless.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@NateDawg and I sat here but closer to the post vs Illinois in a monsoon several years ago. His wife surprised us with tickets and in hindsight it was hilarious. When our wives saw the look on our faces only able to see 60% of the field going in one direction, it was priceless.

That location and a monsoon? Oh boy lol!! At least you can look back at it and laugh in hindsight. At the time though, I'm guessing that might've not been the case.

My wife's family were season ticket holders for over 70 years (her great uncle played for them in the late 30s, early 40s) and as her grandmother aged and the donations shrank to non-existent, they kept moving our seats to worse locations than the previous year. I remember the last year they were purchased, we had a giant pole in our face and I thought that was the worst of it. I am now aware that was indeed not the worst of it.

That stadium shouldn't have seats like this. It really is inexcusable w/ the amount of money this team generates for that school.

I'm going to wait for facts before we start to say it's worse than what Team X or Y did. Certainly seems on par w/ what the Pats did though. Regardless, this does not look good for them, at all. The guy who supposedly did it is an ex-marine who has already scrubbed all his social media accounts. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds and what the punishment will be.

One of my buddies from work played for the 2002 Ohio State championship team and he doesn’t even go to games at all. Unless you are rich enough to have pretty accommodating seats, the experience is just going to be better at home. The bleacher style seats aren’t comfortable, and as you can tell, there are seats that don’t have a good view also. They would be better off reducing their capacity by 20,000 and making things more comfortable for those in attendance.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Can't believe I'd come to the defense of Michigan, but if you as a D1 football coach use the same signals repeatedly for numerous games, you deserve someone to steal them.

We switched them up weekly at the D3 level. 

Agreed but if what they were doing is against the rules, it's a moot point.