The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

In all seriousness, the stuff coming out with Michigan in the past would have been very clear lack of institutional control. Bowl bans, probation, firings, etc. have been done for far less. Will be interesting to see how far the NCAA follows the spiderweb on this one. The big thing is with institutional control it’s not even necessarily what you can prove, even if you know the coach has knowledge deep down. Even if you can’t prove knowledge, it’s still a lack of control. When a staff guy buys tickets to 30 games in his own name, including on both sidelines for the Ohio State Penn State game with a view of both side lines, it’s hard to ignore. This is a guy on their payroll. How dumb do you have to be?

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If this is indeed true, even more smoke. 

Gotta wait for all the facts though, no matter how damning they look at the moment. 

Somehow this guy was able to afford multiple 50 yard line tickets for tens of thousands of dollars combined on a volunteer status as a semi-retired enlisted reduced pseudo pension. I mean, LOL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Gotta wait for all the facts though, no matter how damning they look at the moment. 

What's strange about this is the lack of coverage it's getting. When the Astros news dropped it dominated the sports world, same with Spygate.

Wonder why this hasnt gotten the attention in the media the past few days other than a quick note 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's comical. Teams are doing this all over but Michigan out the guy on staff and furthermore some of the teams they were scouting are hilarious. 

Other teams are just smarter than Jim on executing it. 

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What's strange about this is the lack of coverage it's getting. When the Astros news dropped it dominated the sports world, same with Spygate.

Wonder why this hasnt gotten the attention in the media the past few days other than a quick note 

I have seen it all over the media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I've seen this on ESPN the last few days. I'm sure it'll be on Sportscenter tonight as well with SVP. 

I've seen it all over Twitter but my followers are music and OSU related accounts so my feed will certainly be geared towards it. 

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

It's comical. Teams are doing this all over but Michigan out the guy on staff and furthermore some of the teams they were scouting are hilarious. 

Other teams are just smarter than Jim on executing it. 

I agree that teams are all trying to gain a competitive advantage. No doubt. I also don't doubt that people are bending and breaking the rules but man, this is bad in the sense that dude paid for all this with tickets in his name on his salary. Not only that, his Venmo wasn't scrubbed and there's some really interesting payments on there including one that says "GA" to a recruiting intern the day OSU played UGA. Then you have this where the top right picture literally looks to have signs on a sheet, color coated. Is that common in college football? Apparently video evidence exists of people in seats, purchased by Stalions, that are doing nothing except video taping the sidelines the entire time. We'll see if that is true or not. 

All in all, as I've said, players still need to execute so I'm not the biggest one to say it's a huge help but it is a violation of the rules so we'll see what comes out of this. 

I'm more interested to know if the card the dude has in that pic is common or not. 

• Like 1

Ok, maybe it does help quite a bit. I don't feel like watching games with this new info but the end of the video with our current knowledge.... I dunno. We'll just see what happens. Maybe someone with more knowledge of coaching and practices can weigh in on this. Didn't think coaching interns would be so involved

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ok, maybe it does help quite a bit. I don't feel like watching games with this new info but the end of the video with our current knowledge.... I dunno. We'll just see what happens. Maybe someone with more knowledge of coaching and practices can weigh in on this. Didn't think coaching interns would be so involved

Somebody on Twitter said this is why UM has been unstoppable in the Big10 the past few years seasons and are 1-7 in bowl games under Harbaugh and get beat by teams like TCU--becauae they don't have the signs for teams that are TBD

LMAO

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Outside of OSU and MSU fans, does anyone really care about this? This seems like a lot of fluff that doesn't really move the needle anymore. 

If you care about the integrity of the sport, yeah, you should care. This has also been brought to the attention of the NCAA by over 10 B1G coaches so there's certainly more people that care about it.

What’s lost in this is the Harbaugh bingo:

Wearing UM Gear

Hired officially in 2020

Tickets purchased in his own name and names of family members 

Tickets in both home and away spots

Charts on the sidelines

Standing next to the DC

4 days of a paper trail by Twitter novices to prove Harbaugh is a liar

• Like 1

This all but confirms that Michigan players knew and were complacent w/ what was going on. They no longer have my sympathy if Michigan gets any kind of penalty. Now I can only feel bad for opponent's players who got screwed out of B1G championship visits, titles, bowl games, etc b/c Michigan (potentially) broke the rules and used it to their advantage.

20 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If you care about the integrity of the sport, yeah, you should care. This has also been brought to the attention of the NCAA by over 10 B1G coaches so there's certainly more people that care about it.

So, no? And are you implying the NCAA itself has integrity?

I just think it's playing pretend and not many care about scouting or lunches or shoes or tattoos or recruiting violations or vacated wins.