The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

20 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Like I said that would not matter as much in todays NIL and transfer portal..death penalty lost its sting some.

But if you can't play for National Championships, it certainly will hurt recruiting and people wanting to come there. Players and coaches. I don't think it goes that far but we'll see

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

But if you can't play for National Championships, it certainly will hurt recruiting and people wanting to come there. Players and coaches. I don't think it goes that far but we'll see

I dont think players are as motivated by NCs as they are by $$$.. NIL makes some of this null and void

Especially if you are paying someone like Corum a ton and he does not have as much value in NFL...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I dont think players are as motivated by NCs as they are by $$$.. NIL makes some of this null and void

Especially if you are paying someone like Corum a ton and he does not have as much value in NFL...

Fair point, for sure. I will never say a person doesn't want to win though although it is certainly true at times. 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Fair point, for sure. I will never say a person doesn't want to win though although it is certainly true at times. 

I never said they don't want to win. What I am saying is if you have a kid who can attend university A and win a title and get 500k NIL or go to University B and not have a title but get 1M NIL I would bet on University B.

The odds to get a NC are already slim so pocket that extra half mil 

Per the ESPN headline, 35 games in 17 stadiums over 2.5 seasons.

LOL

Enjoy the rest of this year Michigan because I think back to the Stone Age you’ll be going for a bit. It’s too bad too because college football is better when they’re good and relevant.

Ohh buddy. They roped in the SEC into this too? Sheeeeeeesh yeah it's curtains for that program. We'll see ya in 2030.

Coaching staff terminated after this season. 3-5 year bowl ban, 3-5 year freeze on their NIL spending. All victories since 2021 forfeited.

"A source told ESPN on Tuesday that the NCAA has been sent at least an hour of video evidence that shows a person sitting in a seat appearing to tape the home sideline with a smartphone."

yooooooooooo

"According to the source, the ticket was purchased across from the visiting sideline for a game against Ohio State. It's the fourth Ohio State-related game that ESPN has confirmed, three of which were in opposing stadiums where the tickets were purchased across from the visitor's sideline. The fourth was OSU's game against Penn State on Saturday, for which Stalions had purchased tickets across from both sidelines, according to sources. Michigan still must play both of those teams this season."

Four times?!?

Edited by AkronsWitness

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ohh buddy. They roped in the SEC into this too? Sheeeeeeesh yeah it's curtains for that program. We'll see ya in 2030.

Coaching staff terminated after this season. 3-5 year bowl ban, 3-5 year freeze on their NIL spending. All victories since 2021 forfeited.

"A source told ESPN on Tuesday that the NCAA has been sent at least an hour of video evidence that shows a person sitting in a seat appearing to tape the home sideline with a smartphone."

yooooooooooo

"According to the source, the ticket was purchased across from the visiting sideline for a game against Ohio State. It's the fourth Ohio State-related game that ESPN has confirmed, three of which were in opposing stadiums where the tickets were purchased across from the visitor's sideline. The fourth was OSU's game against Penn State on Saturday, for which Stalions had purchased tickets across from both sidelines, according to sources. Michigan still must play both of those teams this season."

Four times?!?

Freezing NIL spending is penalizing kids so doubt NCAA opens that can of worms as it would meet lawsuits.

They can penalize the school all they want 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

Freezing NIL spending is penalizing kids so doubt NCAA opens that can of worms as it would meet lawsuits.

They can penalize the school all they want 

That's true. Maybe allow current NIL deals for students to be done, but no future spending on new recruits. It would essentially neuter them on the recruitment trail

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That's true. Maybe allow current NIL deals for students to be done, but no future spending on new recruits. It would essentially neuter them on the recruitment trail

But once again NIL is for students athletes . Any kid donning a uniform as the right to NIL 

it's not paid by college and NCAA isn't going against Supreme Court 

Edited by detfan782004

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

But once again NIL is for students athletes . Any kid donning a uniform as the right to NIL 

it's not paid by college and NCAA isn't going against Supreme Court 

Allowing kids to receive NIL is different than allowing them to play at UM.  They would be able to get NIL, just not at Michigan. The kids would be fine if they wanted to play they could go elsewhere.  It’s actually one of the few penalties that the NCAA can implement that would have any real impact IMO. Bowl bans are meh, vacating wins is dumb, taking scholarships hurts players more as there is more chance for injury.  

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Allowing kids to receive NIL is different than allowing them to play at UM.  They would be able to get NIL, just not at Michigan. The kids would be fine if they wanted to play they could go elsewhere.  It’s actually one of the few penalties that the NCAA can implement that would have any real impact IMO. Bowl bans are meh, vacating wins is dumb, taking scholarships hurts players more as there is more chance for injury.  

I just don't think it's enforceable imo. 

NCAA has really screwed up any real impact they can make on a school.

How they handle this thing could be the beginning of the end of NCAA which was already looking to be on thin ice.

They should have gotten ahead of NIL which is now ruining the game. 

Now it's also impacting the NFL with kids not having as much desire to go pro for certain teams.

Unless you tell UM you can't field a team you can't stop those players on field dr getting NIL based on Supreme Court rulings 

Edited by detfan782004
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I just don't think it's enforceable imo. 

NCAA has really screwed up any real impact they can make on a school.

How they handle this thing could be the beginning of the end of NCAA which was already looking to be on thin ice.

They should have gotten ahead of NIL which is now ruining the game. 

Now it's also impacting the NFL with kids not having as much desire to go pro for certain teams.

Unless you tell UM you can't field a team you can't stop those players on field dr getting NIL based on Supreme Court rulings 

Can they just take away scholarships? I feel like they did that at some point with another team. Essentially just ensuring they won't be able to get another relevant player in recruiting for the next X amount of years?

Basically turning Michigan into a MAC school on the recruiting trail

It's 'killing' the program without the actual removal of the program ala SMU

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Can they just take away scholarships? I feel like they did that at some point with another team. Essentially just ensuring they won't be able to get another relevant player in recruiting for the next X amount of years?

Basically turning Michigan into a MAC school on the recruiting trail

It's 'killing' the program without the actual removal of the program ala SMU

Take it away. Then kids walk on and get NIL money, 

Scholarships are pointless with NIL to an extent.