The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

24 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Didn't know when Harbaugh said, when referring to OSU:

"We're going to beat them or die trying."

That he was potentially referring to the program and not an individual. 

I dont want to pile on (but Im going to), but the timeline of events being:

• Michigan getting routinely destroyed by Ohio State for nearly 2 decades.
    • Harbaugh being 0-5 against them and being on the verge of getting fired
  • Calls Ryan Day out for being 'born on 3rd base'
  • Ryan Day saying in a press conference when they see Michigan next they are going to hang 100pts on them
    • Michigan ducks Ohio State in the upcoming game during the Covid year when the game was IN OSU
  • Michgan used that time off to hire a Marine to put together a master plan to spy on OSU (and other BIG teams) essentially to save face with the program for not being able to beat OSU.
  • Spends 2 years beating Ohio State after taking a year off in 20' with the help from the espionage squad 
  • Harbaugh pleads the 5th and acts like he has no idea whats going on

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont want to pile on (but Im going to), but the timeline of events being:

• Michigan getting routinely destroyed by Ohio State for nearly 2 decades.
    • Harbaugh being 0-5 against them and being on the verge of getting fired
  • Calls Ryan Day out for being 'born on 3rd base'
  • Ryan Day saying in a press conference when they see Michigan next they are going to hang 100pts on them
    • Michigan ducks Ohio State in the upcoming game during the Covid year when the game was IN OSU
  • Michgan used that time off to hire a Marine to put together a master plan to spy on OSU (and other BIG teams) essentially to save face with the program for not being able to beat OSU.
  • Spends 2 years beating Ohio State after taking a year off in 20' with the help from the espionage squad 
  • Harbaugh pleads the 5th and acts like he has no idea whats going on

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Dude can play the "I didn't know" card but no one will be buying it

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2850667-michigan-hc-jim-harbaugh-its-hard-to-beat-the-cheaters-in-sec-at-recruiting 

SCOTT POLACEK AUGUST 22, 2019

Jeff Arnold of Forbes reviewed John U. Bacon's book Overtime: Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines at the Crossroads of College Football and revealed the Michigan coach said, "[It's] hard to beat the cheaters" when discussing recruiting against SEC schools.

Harbaugh may believe he is working against cheaters, but he has still had success on the trail. According to 247Sports' composite rankings, Michigan landed the eighth-best recruiting class in 2019.

This article's headline lol:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffarnold/2019/08/19/jim-harbaughs-recruiting-recipe-combines-personal-experience-michigans-standard-for-cleanliness/?sh=12588b404d28 

Jim Harbaugh's Recruiting Recipe Combines Personal Experience, Michigan's Standard For Cleanliness

But according to an upcoming book – “Overtime: Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines at the Crossroads of College Football” by New York Times best-selling author John U. Bacon – Harbaugh’s obstacle-filled climb for the top hasn’t been for lack of effort. 

Harbaugh, who has made plenty of enemies south of the Mason-Dixon line since taking over at Michigan, has poked the cages of SEC coaches repeatedly and in the book, speaks to the disparity in spending by simply telling Bacon, “(It’s) hard to beat the cheaters.”

Yet, despite the unleveled nature of the playing field as he sees it, Harbaugh continues to sell the program in his own way without crossing the line he insinuates is repeatedly crossed by other programs. Harbaugh’s own experiences as a Michigan player have direct ties to the ways he handles his coaching duties now.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Saw some stuff about a new blog that someone highlighted how Michigan never broke any rules. Find that hard to believe w/ everything that came out but we'll see how it unfolds.

As we march on.....

The 6th point of 'SCs defense wore wristbands after receiving scouting help from Michigan and it was the only time they wore wristbands all season' is woooo buddy

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

As we march on.....

The 6th point of 'SCs defense wore wristbands after receiving scouting help from Michigan and it was the only time they wore wristbands all season' is woooo buddy

That's one hell of a coincidence......

Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing Michigan won't get punished for this but I guess we'll see.

26 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Well the wins might be vacated, but if we get into the CFP this year, I'll at least still have the memories.

Yes I am coping.

I don’t blame you for coping and I’d hold onto those memories tightly, because the fallout is going to be draconian. Not just vacated wins and probation, but I’m talking Rich Rod misery days and any/every team that gets the opportunity to put a big crooked number up is going to do so and I don’t blame them for it.

29 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Well the wins might be vacated, but if we get into the CFP this year, I'll at least still have the memories.

Yes I am coping.

I would be disgusted as Michigan fan if they make CFP and then NCAA vacates wins.

if they find them guilty and the evidence suggests they will they need to move on this before bowls.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t blame you for coping and I’d hold onto those memories tightly, because the fallout is going to be draconian. Not just vacated wins and probation, but I’m talking Rich Rod misery days and any/every team that gets the opportunity to put a big crooked number up is going to do so and I don’t blame them for it.

I don't think the fallout will be draconian. Pre NIL sure. Now not so much.

money talks and regardless what the ncaa does this program will be fine. 

team might not be level it is now but it won't be Rich Rod

they will just toss cash at the kids and still bring in talent.

Thank you NIL 

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I don't think the fallout will be draconian. Pre NIL sure. Now not so much.

money talks and regardless what the ncaa does this program will be fine. 

team might not be level it is now but it won't be Rich Rod

they will just toss cash at the kids and still bring in talent.

Thank you NIL 

I think you’re overestimating NIL, especially if there’s a draconian CFP and B1G ban, not to mention eliminating certain scholarships.

We will find out summer of 2024 I’d bet.