The Michigan/Sign Stealing Thread

BobbyPhil1781

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Does Ryan day get a pass for losing to Michigan if they were in fact sign stealing? 

A pass? No. He’s also done this against Clemson in ‘19, laid an egg vs Bama in ‘20 albeit the B1G Covid year was just absolutely horrible all around, and then the meltdown vs Georgia last year, even though they were decimated with injuries.

But it does give a lot more wiggle room for him.

Shame on the coaches and anyone complicit in this. I’m not saying the players didn’t know anything, but I also know a college athlete who is signaled plays from a coach is just going to keep playing ball and take the advantage and run. I think that would happen most anywhere. So I feel bad for the players and fans that are getting mud on their face out of this. There are going to be significant repercussions. Serious roster turnover, probation, etc. I would be pissed if this was a Ohio State.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Shame on the coaches and anyone complicit in this. I’m not saying the players didn’t know anything, but I also know a college athlete who is signaled plays from a coach is just going to keep playing ball and take the advantage and run. I think that would happen most anywhere. So I feel bad for the players and fans that are getting mud on their face out of this. There are going to be significant repercussions. Serious roster turnover, probation, etc. I would be pissed if this was a Ohio State.

All that said this been me the past week or so

colbert-popcorn-popcorn.gif

• Like 5

Will be interesting to sort out what was true vs. Silly Season in the not too distant future. 

The video sign stealing is obvious and apparent to anybody with two eyes and a brain.

If they hacked and stole hours of practice footage from OSU and some of this other stuff then it’s a new level of compromising the game. They would and should have past results affected in any game during that duration and it’s a shame that past games were compromised if that’s the case. I hope it’s not true from that perspective. 

I have seen a degree of rational thought from UM fans. That said, there’s always going to be that segment of every fan base, and it’s been kind of funny seeing some of the Michigan insiders instead of condemning what’s out there, quickly pointing the finger trying to figure out who snitched. If this stuff is actually true, then who in their right mind wouldn’t want something to come out of this outside of Ann Arbor.

Edited by NateDawg

On 10/26/2023 at 8:29 AM, MWil23 said:

Too bad we can’t resurrect the old site where we can take a peek into all of the outraged fans wanting sensible justice for Jim Tressell not forwarding an email that allowed those cheaters to get free tattoos who have been suspiciously quiet so far.

They haven’t even reached the denial phase of grieving yet, poor people.

You know, now that you bring it up, in a way, this is all Ohio State's fault. If they'd gotten the death penalty for those transgressions back then, would Michigan feel the need to do these actions knowing there isn't another program in the conference to compete against with OSU gone?

50 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You know, now that you bring it up, in a way, this is all Ohio State's fault. If they'd gotten the death penalty for those transgressions back then, would Michigan feel the need to do these actions knowing there isn't another program in the conference to compete against with OSU gone?

Zach Domicone was one of those players and if anything it was punishment enough that he was a 3 star special teams player who was involved in costing JT his job and the rest of the suspension fallout the next 1.5 years.