2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You want to pick a guard in the top 10?

If that guard can be another Tyler Smith then I wouldn't mind it at all at this point...we can't continue to play any QB behind this OL...we need at least a new starting centre and I would argue a new RG because Davis has been so poor this season...I think Latham can be special inside.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You want to pick a guard in the top 10?

I was a bit surprised too. Top 20 pick? Sure. But if I'm drafting an OL in this draft that early it's an OT and Jones kicks inside.

But I'd definitely draft an IOL in the top 10 if I thought they were going to be complete studs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm not going to jump to conclusions on anything this offseason but knowing what I know about the Bears, the important decisions will most likely be the wrong ones

Goddamn JJ McCarthy at 1st overall confirmed!!! Lol

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If that guard can be another Tyler Smith then I wouldn't mind it at all at this point...we can't continue to play any QB behind this OL...we need at least a new starting centre and I would argue a new RG because Davis has been so poor this season...I think Latham can be special inside.

You'd be satisfied with a Tyler Smith esque OG in the top 10? Jeesh, low bar

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Tyler Smith was not a Top 10 pick for a reason…

I still think the best Guard on this roster is playing at LT right now. 

• Like 1

Looking at the boards.... 

I'm starting to think we need to go Edge or OL over WR in the first round.... I like Odunze, but he also doesn't actually get open as much....  I can dig Bowers if he's still there, since he can also help block a touch, and the offense needs more physicality.   Caleb would do better with like Troy Franklin or Xavier Worthy

40 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Looking at the boards.... 

I'm starting to think we need to go Edge or OL over WR in the first round.... I like Odunze, but he also doesn't actually get open as much....  I can dig Bowers if he's still there, since he can also help block a touch, and the offense needs more physicality.   Caleb would do better with like Troy Franklin or Xavier Worthy

Bowers isn't going anywhere to add even the slightest hint of physicality

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Washington locked in at #2 - Pats at #3...

Leverage the Pats jumping them to get a great offer from Washington sounds about right.

Unless the regime goes into a full change, I don't see that happening.  New England is a mess from top to bottom.  Caleb Williams isn't fixing that.  I think that you'll likely see Washington move up to from #2 to #1 to ensure they get Caleb Williams, and then the Giants move up from #6 to #2 to get their QB if I had to guess right now.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless the regime goes into a full change, I don't see that happening.  New England is a mess from top to bottom.  Caleb Williams isn't fixing that.  I think that you'll likely see Washington move up to from #2 to #1 to ensure they get Caleb Williams, and then the Giants move up from #6 to #2 to get their QB if I had to guess right now.

You don't believe the Bears are staying at 1?