2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Of course but are we saying the coaches at UNC do a better job of developing talent than those at Bama? For me this is just a guy who figured he would be beaten out.

I can contribute! Apparently it was a shock he even committed to Alabama as there was a lot of family history at UNC, so UNC was kind of a return not a second choice.  There's probably a ton of people advising these kids on where to go and what to do,  tough to make a single data point call about their makeup.  

His dad and brother went to UNC but he originally committed to Bama. Then bryce young, as the #1 QB recruit in the country and class a year before him, committed to alabama. Maye himself was a 5 star QB. If you thought you were a baller and could start as a freshman at one of your top 2 choices, you'd take it too

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I wouldn't have Maye above Fields as a prospect...I'm still not full sold I have Maye above JJ McCarthy...

Digging into Maye a little more I don't like the fact he committed to Alabama then when he heard Bryce Young had committed he went to North Carolina...it was always one of the things that concerned me with Trubisky & even Fields...why couldn't they beat out Marquise Williams & Jack Fromm? Worries me Maye didn't even back himself to compete with Young...

Williams I would have as a better prospect because I don't think you can coach the spectacular things he can do and the feel he has for the position as a thrower...something we know Fields struggles with...you can coach Williams to trust the talent around him when it steps up a notch in the pros...where as Fields talent level stepped down from college Williams would without doubt step up and he wouldn't need to be superman...now of course the fact he is probably 6-0" 210lbs will ding him...some will be concerned with the nail painting and crying...some will look at this season with the pressure rate and fumbles and think he isn't what he was but no one in college football as the natural instincts for playing QB that Williams has.

Going somewhere else to start doesn't mean much to me. But if you are going to ding Mitch and Fields, then why didn't Williams beat out Rattler or Bryce Young Beat out Mac Jones or Mac Jones beat out Tua.

8 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Going somewhere else to start doesn't mean much to me. But if you are going to ding Mitch and Fields, then why didn't Williams beat out Rattler or Bryce Young Beat out Mac Jones or Mac Jones beat out Tua.

Lets be honest Williams did beat out Rattler...it's why Rattler then transferred to South Carolina.

8 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

So then we can agree that he didn't beat out Rattler. Unless you are just talking more garbage.

Dude sometime you emanate so much SDE it is unreal 😂

Caleb took over Rattler's starting job midway through a game and held it for the rest of the year (as you said yourself)...that is beating a guy out...

Did Fields do that with Fromm?

Did Trubisky do that with Williams?

No, that is why the scenarios are different.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Dude sometime you emanate so much SDE it is unreal 😂

Caleb took over Rattler's starting job midway through a game and held it for the rest of the year (as you said yourself)...that is beating a guy out...

Did Fields do that with Fromm?

Did Trubisky do that with Williams?

No, that is why the scenarios are different.

Because those other players still played well, like I said Williams never beat out Rattler you're the one that can't see that because it doesn't fit what you want. Any ways have a good day with your great takes.

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Because those other players still played well, like I said Williams never beat out Rattler you're the one that can't see that because it doesn't fit what you want. Any ways have a good day with your great takes.

See below 😂

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I guess if being honest is Rattler starting 6 games before Williams beat him out.

As always man...great job 🤡