Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

One thing I have learned on this board is that people still believe Zach Wilson is not a total bust. Wow. I am with GangGreen420 on this one. We are a terrible offensive team, yes, but Wilson deserves a LOT of the blame. You cannot hold Tim Boyle, Trevor Siemian, Brett Rypien or anyone else up to the same standard. None of those guys were picked SECOND overall in a draft. Those guys are SUPPOSED to look like they have looked. We don't know what Rypien will look like, but why not try him this week instead of running it back with the epic failure that is Zach Wilson??? Improvements? Growth? What are we talking about? Did he get taller since draft day? WTF. The guy is awful, yet he is also like fungus or a bad weed on a lawn. He just grows back. Can we finally get rid of this guy once and for all? He makes watching games almost impossible at this point, and as Jets fans we still love this team and watch them even if they give us zero reason to.

I know everybody keeps saying everybody will be back next year, because Rodgers wants it. OK, fine. But they might not win another game this season! Does any of that matter? 

I understand Rodgers' demands when he came over and why he has power within this organization. But the bottom line is that the GM has failed us; the head coach has failed us; the OC has failed us; the O-line coach has failed us; virtually all of the offensive players save for 5-6 have failed us and all of the QBs have been monumental disasters as replacements.

I love the guy as a QB, but at this point he is a 40-year-old QB coming off a significant injury on a team that plays half the time in a stadium where he got hurt in the first place (and the turf is the prime reason for the injury imo). So, what are we holding onto here?

Woody, for the love of all things Jets, clean house. Tell Rodgers we want him back. We want him for two more seasons. We want to WIN with him. We need to make changes to get there. See what he says.

If he wants the status quo, maybe Minnesota would take him. Or Tampa Bay. Or Washington.

The only thing worse than a failed Jets season is a failed Jets season with SO MUCH HYPE surrounding it. 

I would rather go 4-12-1 next season without the Rodgers hype train than 7-10 with him. 

Because as others have mentioned, we are not as good as we have been portrayed.

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Uniform-wise, I think we got the right colors but need a better design. I recently imagined what an army fatigue green or a dark sage green alternative jersey would look like. Something completely different would be cool. 

We have screwed everything else up lets not screw up the uniforms too. And by the way BURN THOSE STUPID BLACK UNIFORMS. If they were made to make us look like bad *****, they FAILED BIG TIME. For our next home game, I would like to see the JETS run through the tunnel and out on the field in BOAZO. THE CLOWN UNIFORMS.

With that said, I also will be wearing my clown uniforms, after being a Jets fan since1963 that's 60 years, the only time I had if off was during the Namath years.

Edited by doumeyer

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Uniform-wise, I think we got the right colors but need a better design. I recently imagined what an army fatigue green or a dark sage green alternative jersey would look like. Something completely different would be cool. 

Literally nothing good has happened to this franchise since that unveiling. Get them out of here ASAP.

26 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Literally nothing good has happened to this franchise since that unveiling. Get them out of here ASAP.

It's 2022 all over again, last year after we lost the Thursday night game that we lost to Jacksonville, we totally fell apart, this year it is the except same thing alter that lucky against the Giants the same thing is happening now we have five straight loses.

If you think things are bad with the Jets now, wait till Mid-February of 2025 by than Rodgers will be gone, and our quest for a new Q starts. How could this franchise be so dysfunctional?? If anybody thinks just because Rodgers might be coming back in 2024 and is going to take us to the SB is nuts.

On 12/8/2023 at 2:19 PM, Jag68Sid87 said:

One thing I have learned on this board is that people still believe Zach Wilson is not a total bust. Wow. I am with GangGreen420 on this one. We are a terrible offensive team, yes, but Wilson deserves a LOT of the blame. You cannot hold Tim Boyle, Trevor Siemian, Brett Rypien or anyone else up to the same standard. None of those guys were picked SECOND overall in a draft. Those guys are SUPPOSED to look like they have looked. We don't know what Rypien will look like, but why not try him this week instead of running it back with the epic failure that is Zach Wilson??? Improvements? Growth? What are we talking about? Did he get taller since draft day? 

Zach Wilson has not performed as expected. No one is arguing that. 

The issue is that people are blaming the failure of the offense on Zach, just like they have with every other young QB we've ever had. They cry and whine about how we need a new QB. The media piles on. The owner hears it and crumbles, causing us to waste tons of resources on the next QB. Resources that should have been used building the team up instead of trying to shove a new QB into the exact same crappy situation that caused the former QB to fail to develop. It's a broken record, stuck on repeat. I'm tired of it. I was tired of it when Sam was chased out of town and nothing has changed. Even if we luck into Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye, they will fail on this team just like Sam and Zach. Not because there isn't ability in the player, but because the fans and media keep demanding instant solutions and the owner has no ability to tell them to sit down and be patient.

Fix the issues surrounding the team before wasting capital on another QB. We shouldn't have gotten Rodgers, especially not for a first and second round pick and certainly not for the two firsts we would have been paying if he didn't get hurt right away. ( He was always going to get hurt at some point behind this crap line). 

Name a QB that came into the league, had a crap line, one single reliable pass catcher, no rushing support, and a constant shuffle at OC that has ever succeeded? Any one of those things can kill the growth of a young QB, the jets managed to do ALL of them.

Again Zach isn't good. He makes bad decisions and isn't great at protecting the ball. He also struggles with ball placement, making things more difficult with receivers. But he also makes good plays, tight on target throws that bum receivers drop or catch and fumble or tip to the defenders for easy picks. He deals with an offensive line that has him hurried on something like 70% of his drop backs. A running game, that outside of big plays runs for like 1.5 ypc.  His current offensive coordinator led Russell Wilson to a season in which he looked like the biggest bust in NFL history(and the broncos to having one of the worst offenses in the league)

This new Jets/Zach Wilson report is comical. 

The story is that, when they benched Zach and demoted him to third string, they told him they wouldn't release him because they felt they could still get a 5th round pick for him in the off-season. Apparently, both sides agreed that this would be best case scenario.

This would certainly explain the reported "hesitation " to play that was reportedly coming from Zach's camp. If the team outright told him that they were trading him only to about-face and ask him to start... That's kind of hilarious. 

From a value point, I guess it makes sense to play him the rest of the way. His value can't get much lower on the trade block since, if any team were trading for him anyway, it would be purely because they thing they can fix him. If he plays well though(longshot) then his trade value could go up.  

It's not like any of the other QBs on the roster are worth getting snaps in on anyway, so may as well roll the dice and try to up the trade value by a round or two.

Jets should be playing Will McDonald substantially more snaps going forward. Season is over, see what you have in this pick. Also play Ashtyn more and see if he has a place here next year. Same goes for offense. Ruckert, Gipson, Brownlee when healthy, Izzy, warren when healthy as well. if they don't and we are still unwatchable, it says all you need to know about Saleh. I still think giving these guys a pass is kind of absurd. If we lose out...fire the coach. 

• Like 1

Good first drive by the jets offense. Moved from their own 8 all the way into fg range. Sack took them out though and then a bad punt followed that up. Pretty typical for the jets this season. Good to see Wilson conklin and hall get involved early though. Would have preferred a safer third down play, already in fg range though.