Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

On 1/10/2024 at 1:49 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Carter needs to be fired or Saleh needs to get his ship in order.

Taylor Lewan posted about how he loved Vrabel and his staff “except Keith Carter” then you have Breece laughing at the post and Becton calling it “facts”.  This is a bad look

Ignore the comments and just look at results. Carter is responsible for a truly terrible unit.

27 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

Ignore the comments and just look at results. Carter is responsible for a truly terrible unit.

We shouldn’t expect to rebuild the OL economically in free agency when Carter is openly hated by players. Good luck getting guys to sign! 

7 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

We shouldn’t expect to rebuild the OL economically in free agency when Carter is openly hated by players. Good luck getting guys to sign! 

We both agree he shouldn't be here. Players would accept a coach that can be unpleasant if they get results.

13 hours ago, drew39k said:

What's the actual draw to Vrabel? I don't think I get it. He took over for a coach that led a team to a 9-7 record, to a 9-7 record. 

He rode the back of prime derrick Henry to the playoffs in back to back years followed by back to back losing seasons.

It just feels like any real success he had was more about Henry's dominance than anything else.

I agree here and the sports world thinks he is the next Bill B. or Andy R. If the Jets did fire Saleh and started over I would want a guy like Joe Brady to be the HC and a guy like Ron Rivera as the DC. Ron could be that guy Joe leans on. I'm all for going after the young guys and putting a vet HC as an OC or DC to help them out. How often do you see a coach that gets fired and then takes the next team deep in the playoffs and or Super Bowl. It is very rare. When a team gets a young coach and he gets the team deep into the playoffs you know your team is set for a very long time. I want the next Kyle S., McVey, Zach Taylor, Stefanski, Matt L, Mike McD. These are the guys that can really turn a team around. I don't want the Frank R, Ron Rivera, Dennis Allen, and other guys that have been a HC on and off again for a decade. 

8 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sauce getting back to back all pros his first 2 years is pretty impressive. He’s a stud 

he is. i will never understand the constant hate he gets. great player. good personality. hes likable yet opposing fans can't seem to like him. happy we have him.

THIS L0SS OF A PLAYOFF GAME TO PEACOCK IS A CRIME, JUST YESTERDAY CONGRESS REP RYAN PULL the rep from the NFL Into CONGRESS FOR A GOOD *** CHEWING . REP Ryan than told the NFL they are fringing on the ANTI-TRUST LAWS.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, doumeyer said:

THIS L0SS OF A PLAYOFF GAME TO PEACOCK IS A CRIME, JUST YESTERDAY CONGRESS REP RYAN PULL the rep from the NFL Into CONGRESS FOR A GOOD *** CHEWING . REP Ryan than told the NFL they are fringing on the ANTI-TRUST LAWS.

Good this is total BS. NFL makes over 20 Billion dollars and got 110 million for this one game they sold to peacock. 

On 1/12/2024 at 9:06 PM, ekill08x said:

he is. i will never understand the constant hate he gets. great player. good personality. hes likable yet opposing fans can't seem to like him. happy we have him.

Remember the Jets/Seahawks Revis/Sherman feud a few years ago where we defended Revis for being better because he traveled, shut down #1 receivers week in and week out? Sherman just defended his third and made sure to not get beat deep.

Now we have a Sherman(Gardner is better but you follow) so it’s kinda funny to defend him as the best CB while we dumped on Sherman lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Remember the Jets/Seahawks Revis/Sherman feud a few years ago where we defended Revis for being better because he traveled, shut down #1 receivers week in and week out? Sherman just defended his third and made sure to not get beat deep.

Now we have a Sherman(Gardner is better but you follow) so it’s kinda funny to defend him as the best CB while we dumped on Sherman lol. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see two between now and then:

1.  We have Reed who is a top 15 CB. We don’t need to move them atound

2.  Sherman was mostly a zone CB. Sauce plays a lot of man. Hard to compare the two.

Regardless, I don’t get caught up in the “who’s the best” debates. They can change from year to year. When Sauce plays at a high level for 10 years, then when can debate.

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I see two between now and then:

1.  We have Reed who is a top 15 CB. We don’t need to move them atound

2.  Sherman was mostly a zone CB. Sauce plays a lot of man. Hard to compare the two.

Regardless, I don’t get caught up in the “who’s the best” debates. They can change from year to year. When Sauce plays at a high level for 10 years, then when can debate.

We’re playing the same scheme as those Seahawks, according to statmuse we ranked bottom 10/12 in Man Coverage percentage. Regardless tho the hate isn’t warranted and most of it is coming from past players who are obsessed with some basic stats(INTs) as a way to rank players. Sauce Shadowing is something I hope they start doing tho.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

We’re playing the same scheme as those Seahawks, according to statmuse we ranked bottom 10/12 in Man Coverage percentage. Regardless tho the hate isn’t warranted and most of it is coming from past players who are obsessed with some basic stats(INTs) as a way to rank players. Sauce Shadowing is something I hope they start doing tho.

I get that they want to play their “scheme” but games like the Cowboys they absolutely need to start trying. I hate that kind of stubbornness. Sauce shadowing a WR1 should always be a part of the gameplan if needed. We are sort of wasting his skill set 

• Like 1