Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

It was Kyle Brady that we took over Sapp. I remember this well because Brady was booed so bad and he had never been booed before like that. My mom felt really bad for him. Man did I want Sapp back then so bad. We have had way more bust than just Wilson. At least they will get a pick back unlike most we got nothing back. 

Jetfuel, you are right we did pick Brady over Sapp, and I don't ever remember a Jet pick getting boo like we got when we didn't pick Sapp. Good job thanks for the correction.

Bahktiari has been by far the most vocal player against turf the last couples years and even refused to play on it. He would play on grass and then sit out games on turf. I don't think he's going to want to come play on MetLife and I don't think think that recent I jury history is anything we'd want to deal with. Would be very surprised if he came here, ties to Rodgers and all. He should just retired.

Jets beat writer Connor Hughes reports there is “validated belief from the Jets” that Mecole Hardman leaked game plans to the Eagles and Chiefs.
According to Hughes, “several players” implied Hardman leaked game plans to opponents while he was a member of the Jets. This is rumored to have stemmed from Hardman being “frustrated by his lack of usage.” For now, all of this is nothing more than speculation from players, as nothing has officially been confirmed by Hardman or members of the Eagles or Chiefs. Hardman recently put himself in the crosshairs of tampering speculation when Hardman said he contacted the Chiefs earlier in the season and told them to “come get him,” but he later said he never had talks with the Chiefs before being traded. Whether anything comes from these recent stories is to be determined, but it’s been a busy week for the three-time Super Bowl champ.

I thought this was interesting. If he did indeed talk to KC early in the season like he said KC will lose a draft pick or 2. If he did leak game plans to those teams what a jerk he is. I don't care how bad your team is you don't do this. Your a pro so act like it. 

Hardman needs a lengthy suspension, this should not be tolerated by the league.  IDK why any team would want to sign a mediocre talent who will leak plays and tamper whenever he doesn't get his way. 

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

100%. I said it from day 1. Rodgers going to be here at least 3 years and up to 5 years. He said before some QB's play into their mid 40's. 

Rodgers has been forty years old for the last three years, he is like Jack Benny who was 39 for ten years. I take one year at a time.  Father time catches up to all of us when we hit forty.

10 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

100%. I said it from day 1. Rodgers going to be here at least 3 years and up to 5 years. He said before some QB's play into their mid 40's. 

step back and think again.  He may play for other 3 years or so but with Jets?   That is something we dont know for sure.   If Jets struggle in 2024, Rodgers will be cut. 

Is there an echo here? lol.

Why we can't even be a 50%team any more.

Mekhi Becton, drafted #11 in first round has been no better than mediocre OT at best.

S Darnold drafted # 3 in the first round was a huge mistake.

Z Wilson drafted #2 in the first round of the draft has been a total bust

We just can't waste high first round picks like this when the players are QB.

We have had below average offensive coaching; this guy Hackett is only still here because of Prince Rodgers wants him.

These are all big mistakes that are hard to overcome.

2023   7-10

2022   7-10

2021   4-13

2020  2-14

2019   7-9

2018   4-12

2017   5-11

2016   5-11

THAT IS EIGHT STRAIGHT YEARS OF LOSSING

Edited by doumeyer

I'd take 2-3-4 more years of Aaron Rodgers no problem.

It is 2-3-4 more years of <<insert name here>> (Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Nathaniel Hackett) that is problematic for me. 

If these two things are not joined at the hip, cool! If they are, then I probably cut ties with the former No. 12 after 2024.

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I'd take 2-3-4 more years of Aaron Rodgers no problem.

It is 2-3-4 more years of <<insert name here>> (Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, Nathaniel Hackett) that is problematic for me. 

If these two things are not joined at the hip, cool! If they are, then I probably cut ties with the former No. 12 after 2024.

If it is a successful run we wont' worry about coaches and GM.  If not, will Rodgers have a final say on hiring HC?  yuck!

• Like 1