Week 9: VIKINGS (4-4) at Falcons (4-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I'm gonna talk up the D!   Yes, we all want Hall to succeed so the best way is to stop the other guys and get him the ball back often.   This Defense has me considering picking them up in FF; therefore, I can't - don't wanna jinx 'em!

I like the way we've limited opponents' run game the past few weeks, but we need to make it even more stifling.   The 3 safety look and speed line will get figured out by OCs, so Flores needs to keep changing it up . . . Just little nuances to allow his guys to make plays every week.  

If we can keep Cordarrelle from returning a TD, that'll help.   Shutting down Robinson is #1 . . . Do that, I like our chances.

The offense just needs to be patient, and if ever the O-Line wanted to make a statement on run blocking, nows a great time!   On the RPO topic, please no.    Hall's not big and I'd like to see him upright with a clean uni.

Keep rollin'!!! SKOL💯

I've been begging the team to drop a LB for a coverage lb/safety hybrid for years, so I hope they don't change that.....

• Like 1

Taylor Heinicke may be missing a key target in his first start as the Falcons quarterback. Wide receiver Drake London did not take part in Wednesday’s practice. London injured his groin during the third quarter of last Sunday’s loss to the Titans and he did not return.

Desmond Ridder is on the injury report as a full participant after being evaluated and cleared for a concussion against Tennessee.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/falcons-list-drake-london-as-out-of-practice-desmond-ridder-as-full-participant

Would I be surprised if KOC gameplans this for Hall to set a new passing TD record for rookie debut of 5 TDs in the game?   Nope.

The logical technician in me says 99% of the strategy should be run, run, and run it some more.  So, the mad scientist says, keep 'em off balance fire crossing routes and loft quick back shoulder throws to Hock and Addison, beating 6 & 8 men in the box run blitzes. 

It's looking like whoever D makes a big play or two wins this game.   I kinda doubt either QB will be consistent and drive either offense down the field routinely.