Week 10 MNF GDT : DEN @ BUF

broncos67

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Sean. Why are we kneeling and rushing for that FGA?? Take a one step drop, throw the ball a million miles in the stands, you kick a FG with less than 20 seconds on the clock. So so stupid.

I didn't get that either. Don't think I've ever seen that.

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Sean. Why are we kneeling and rushing for that FGA?? Take a one step drop, throw the ball a million miles in the stands, you kick a FG with less than 20 seconds on the clock. So so stupid.

It’s my biggest gripe with him. Ever since that onside kick in the Super Bowl he can’t help but get cute. And it bites him in the *** way more often than it works out. 

Just now, broncosfan_101 said:

There’s just no reason to rush like that. 24 seconds left. You can kill at least 4 seconds with a throwaway, another 4 seconds on your non-rushed FG, and it’s lights out. We made that unnecessarily complicated.

It wasn’t a rush. Everyone was lined up ready for that situation. They were ready to snap with more than 10 seconds left.  They practice it like they practice everything else. The last thing anyone should want is Russ throwing a duck up in the air after getting hit by immediate pressure there. And even if that doesn’t go catastrophically, you still leave time on the clock. Absolutely not.  

• Like 2

Kinda feel like we stole one. But I’ll take it!! 

This was a game no one who looked at the schedule before the season had us winning. Even if you thought we fight for a WC spot - and I did - you put a “L” next to Monday night AT Buffalo in mid November. 

We took advantage of their mistakes, we got fortunate on some plays (so did they) but a W is a W and this wins like these are can be momentum builders over the short and long term. 

Next week vs Minnesota looks a lot different than it did just a few weeks ago as both teams’ fortunes have done 180s.