James Harden traded to the Clippers

11sanchez11

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Clippers got Harden for free basically. How you don’t at least get Powell or Mann is crazy. Got the corpse of Batum and the good Morris brother that hasn’t been good in a while. Yikes

This is about the next trade. They got at least 1 very valuable unprotected 1st with the 2028 Clippers' 1st, a valuable pick swap with the Clippers' 2029 1st, and another 1st that has yet to be determined (somehow). KJ Martin is a solid end of rotation guy. The 3 old players they got are all on expiring deals and are only for matching salaries.

• Like 2

Big trade on the surface but the Clippers will still be the Clippers. Cant stay healthy and the expectations will be championships but in the playoffs I still will take the Nuggets and the Kings bc I know they both will be more healthy and just as talented if not more talented as a team top to bottom than the Clippers with better chemistry. And if the Lakers can stay healthy mainly AD Ill take them over the Clippers. But if you can tell me relatively healthy Clippers they no doubt can come out of the West.

I just cant trust Harden. He is a cancer where he goes. Whats going to be intriguing is how he and Russ will get along? Things didnt end well with them being the main two guys in Houston. Hopefully Lue can keep this team together. But the personalities in that locker room with Harden, Russ, Kawhi, and George will be something else.

As for the 76ers, they better use some of those assets to get a star to appease Embiid or else I can see him wanting out eventually. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i feel like the clippers are really small now

Meh, I wouldn't worry too much about that. What they have been lacking is rebounding and they traded away dudes that can't board. The Clippers season will come down to health as always. 

Super teams are dead.  Find your Superstar, get a couple of stars around them, then add really high end depth/role players.  Thats what most of the teams winning championships aside from the KD Warriors have done since Lebron and the Heat broke up.  The Bucks adding Holiday and Portis won them the championship.  Then health slowed them up.  The Nuggets adding Aaron Gordon, KCP and Bruce Brown won them the championship.  They didn't need another alpha, just good solid role players to fill out the roster.  Given the Clippers didn't give up much of anything they might be ok, but not sure this makes them better.  

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This is about the next trade. They got at least 1 very valuable unprotected 1st with the 2028 Clippers' 1st, a valuable pick swap with the Clippers' 2029 1st, and another 1st that has yet to be determined (somehow). KJ Martin is a solid end of rotation guy. The 3 old players they got are all on expiring deals and are only for matching salaries.

Yeah the play after it was clear Harden... basically has no actual value, is get assets you can flip for something of actual value later down the line.

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Clippers got Harden for free basically. How you don’t at least get Powell or Mann is crazy. Got the corpse of Batum and the good Morris brother that hasn’t been good in a while. Yikes

For free?  They gutted the depth they had on their roster, traded away yet another future FRP all for a guy who can't be counted on to show up consistently in the playoffs to play alongside their two injury-prone stars.  To be honest, I think the Clippers are in the damned if they do, and damned if they don't situations.  If they stand pat, and Kawhi or PG13 succumb to their injury history and are injured again they're probably at best a one-and-done playoff team.  If they trade for Harden and one of Kawhi/PG13 are injured, they probably advance but fall in R2 or the Conference Finals at best.  I think the only way this works is if everyone stays healthy.  But that Clippers' future is looking awfully bleak, and I'm not sure the Clippers from 2027 and beyond aren't going to be some of the worst teams in league history.