Chase Young to Niners for conditional 3rd round pick

MikeT14

My work life has been hell so I haven’t been able to fully dive into it. I didn’t think there was any way they would trade both but they did. Sweat offer was too good to say no to. Young… yeah I would have kept him but I don’t think the 3rd is awful. It’s ammo for a reload, a trade up, whatever. Our next GM is going to be happy walking into the situation he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I think it is their natural 3rd rounder but there are performance metrics that turn it into a second or something greater.

I haven't seen anything conditionally based on performance. I think the condition must have to do with which compensatory 3rd we get. The 49ers are projected to be getting 3 3rds I believe. Two from staff and one from McGlinchey.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

My work life has been hell so I haven’t been able to fully dive into it. I didn’t think there was any way they would trade both but they did. Sweat offer was too good to say no to. Young… yeah I would have kept him but I don’t think the 3rd is awful. It’s ammo for a reload, a trade up, whatever. Our next GM is going to be happy walking into the situation he is. 

For me, I liked the Sweat value and hated Youngs return. Like 100% hated it. He was producing enough to keep for this season, but I understand turning the page. 

If we traded Chase Young for a pick that is used to trade up, that would make it significantly worse.

I want that 3rd to turn into the next great Washington player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I haven't seen anything conditionally based on performance. I think the condition must have to do with which compensatory 3rd we get. The 49ers are projected to be getting 3 3rds I believe. Two from staff and one from McGlinchey.

Like we get the "best" compensatory?  Super weird as Compensatory picks won't be announced until March 2024.  >4 months from now. 

If that is the case, I can't believe we couldn't pry their proper 3rd from them.

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I got a weird feeling that Ron had a better deal for CY but got soft and wanted CY in a “ good situation”. Same could be said about sweat but sweat obviously going get a contract that’s just as much as Bosa . 

and after fully listening to Grant , I don’t blame Chase for leaving . We got people saying he sucks he has no effort etc than guys like Grant really tried to downplay his 2 sack game against the giants against a back up lol.

Come on man , the 106.7 the fan is lowkey an issue . A good reason why RG3 had heat years ago due to the media was cause of them . 

I dunno man. This isn't the best tape on him. I mean, it's downright embarrassing how much he just gives up on these plays and doesn't make the LT work at all. My bet was this type of effort and the rest of the problems that come with him were reasons why he was shipped out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Like we get the "best" compensatory?  Super weird as Compensatory picks won't be announced until March 2024.  >4 months from now. 

If that is the case, I can't believe we couldn't pry their proper 3rd from them.

This is what I've been saying/asking. How can the NFL allow a team to trade a pick they don't actually own yet??

54 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I dunno man. This isn't the best tape on him. I mean, it's downright embarrassing how much he just gives up on these plays and doesn't make the LT work at all. My bet was this type of effort and the rest of the problems that come with him were reasons why he was shipped out.

awful. Dude couldnt hold a candle to ryan kerrigan

Michael Silver 

"Young, according to several Commanders coaches and other organizational sources, was viewed as an undisciplined player who developed bad habits such as deviating from assignments in an effort to make splash plays..." (Ducks for cover) @sfchronicle

Grant Paulsen

Silver worked for the Commanders as recently as a couple years ago. His friendship with Rivera dates back to their time at CAL decades ago. When he says something about what WSH thinks, you can take it to the bank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

This has always been my biggest gripe with Chase is his effort. Dude won't even fake like he is trying most of the time. If the play goes to his side or he thinks he can get to the play, he hustles. If however the play goes away from him he is just standing there blocking himself, very obviously not even attempting to shed the block. 

I'm very surprised we only got a 3rd, but it is definitely better than letting him walk in FA. I'm sure we are going to hear all the negative stories coming out once the dust settles. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Michael Silver 

"Young, according to several Commanders coaches and other organizational sources, was viewed as an undisciplined player who developed bad habits such as deviating from assignments in an effort to make splash plays..." (Ducks for cover) @sfchronicle

Grant Paulsen

Silver worked for the Commanders as recently as a couple years ago. His friendship with Rivera dates back to their time at CAL decades ago. When he says something about what WSH thinks, you can take it to the bank.

Dang didn't even get to post it before the stories started. Lol.

• Like 1