GDT: Giants (2-5) at Raiders (3-5): First to 10 points wins?

NYRaider

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Giants

On 11/2/2023 at 7:07 AM, big_palooka said:

I've been staunch on this topic. 

I think Jimmy held back the run game, but also Jacobs looks slow. When he took over that one drive Monday night, he wasn't breaking away. He wasn't making people miss the way he did in '22. He was just getting through the hole and going down on contact. 

I don't think anyone can argue that. Him getting yards because they are not stacking the box is one thing. I want to see that guy who rips 20+ yard runs and is punishing on the 2nd level. 

1000% this. You saw it in the lions game as soon as Jimmy started throwing deep. It opened up Jacobs' game.....and Jimmy didn't even make any completions deep.  Just that he was slinging the ball out there made the defense honest. 

• Like 3

On 11/2/2023 at 5:11 AM, SimonGruber said:

Dumps off ? Naw that’s no better than the stuff Jimmy g was doing sling it and hope for no hospital balls lol

To be honest if Jimmy threw check downs the whole game we might have actually won given how many turnovers we forced on defense. He chose to take sacks instead.

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic in this one. It's winnable, but not an easy W some might think it is. 

I like the Giants ability run the ball on the Raiders defense more than the Raiders attacking their defense. They are talented on that side. Wink will make things difficult for the rookie QB. 

X factor will be how spirited they play given everything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I'm cautiously optimistic in this one. It's winnable, but not an easy W some might think it is. 

I like the Giants ability run the ball on the Raiders defense more than the Raiders attacking their defense. They are talented on that side. Wink will make things difficult for the rookie QB. 

I say we score 3 tds 2 fgs

27-17

offensive breakout game 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I say we score 3 tds 2 fgs

27-17

offensive breakout game 

If that's your expectations, I'd prepare to be disappointed. I'd be shocked personally. Rookie against Wink's blitz defense. Thibodeaux has been un-blockable the last couple weeks. Not to mention it's a short week with a new coach, first time play caller and rookie all trying to put it together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I think its more telling if we lose than if we win for sure 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If that's your expectations, I'd prepare to be disappointed. I'd be shocked personally. Rookie against Wink's blitz defense. Thibodeaux has been un-blockable the last couple weeks. Not to mention it's a short week with a new coach, first time play caller and rookie all trying to put it together. 

Meh it’s gonna be won in the trenches for sure but hearing Bo saying he went to the players and asked what they’re comfortable with was all I needed to hear. That’s exactly what I did as a first time dc and hc. No more “just run the play” . Execution imo will improve because guys will be more comfortable in their roles and expectations. We have too much talent on offense. That said I’m worried the most about our oline vs nyg dline esp dexter

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yeh, agree with this. I think they are going to be blitzing like crazy, Martindale does tend to be very aggressive plus we’ve got a rookie in only his second start with a new OC. If we can plan for that and mitigate it I think O’Connell can have a good game, but we might be a bit limited on deep shots as the Giants will not give us time willingly.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh it’s gonna be won in the trenches for sure but hearing Bo saying he went to the players and asked what they’re comfortable with was all I needed to hear. That’s exactly what I did as a first time dc and hc. No more “just run the play” . Execution imo will improve because guys will be more comfortable in their roles and expectations. We have too much talent on offense. That said I’m worried the most about our oline vs nyg dline esp dexter

And Thibs is a menace alongside Dexter. Their secondary has improved each week on the back of their pass rush. This is the difference in the game for me. Oline doesn't establish early, it's over for AO4.  

Straight up, I'd pick the Giants. But the emotional bump the team will get against a bad opponent should be enough to get a win here. 

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And Thibs is a menace alongside Dexter. Their secondary has improved each week on the back of their pass rush. This is the difference in the game for me. Oline doesn't establish early, it's over for AO4.  

Straight up, I'd pick the Giants. But the emotional bump the team will get against a bad opponent should be enough to get a win here. 

I think they’ll actually have a plan to protect aoc this time. jmd just threw him to the wolves with nfg lol