GDT: Giants (2-5) at Raiders (3-5): First to 10 points wins?

NYRaider

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Giants

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Dumps off ? Naw that’s no better than the stuff Jimmy g was doing sling it and hope for no hospital balls lol

By The Lions game, Jimmy couldn’t even do dump offs lol

Aidan should be able to stretch the field. The velocity on his throws notably different level than Hoyer and Jimmy 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

if Jacobs starts running well, are we going to say the rust finally wore off? Or acknowledge that Jimmy held the run game back, and that taking deep shots is a huge plus to the run game? 

Im thinking Jacobs magically got faster this week. Am I right? We shall see

I've been staunch on this topic. 

I think Jimmy held back the run game, but also Jacobs looks slow. When he took over that one drive Monday night, he wasn't breaking away. He wasn't making people miss the way he did in '22. He was just getting through the hole and going down on contact. 

I don't think anyone can argue that. Him getting yards because they are not stacking the box is one thing. I want to see that guy who rips 20+ yard runs and is punishing on the 2nd level. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I've been staunch on this topic. 

I think Jimmy held back the run game, but also Jacobs looks slow. When he took over that one drive Monday night, he wasn't breaking away. He wasn't making people miss the way he did in '22. He was just getting through the hole and going down on contact. 

I don't think anyone can argue that. Him getting yards because they are not stacking the box is one thing. I want to see that guy who rips 20+ yard runs and is punishing on the 2nd level. 

to be fair, Jacobs never really that type of guy, even last year he 'only' had 7 20+ yard runs, most years its been around 2 or 3. 
Getting him past line of scrimmage early in games is going to help. creative play calling is going to help. PA passes are going to help. 

He may be going down on contact, but he still is doing the jacobs thing of falling forward which is huge, instead of no gain its a gain of 2 etc. 
let him take a couple steps before contact, or having to make a move, i truly believe will be the difference. 

Im not saying hes going to start breaking off mult 20 yard runs a game though, thats not his style. He is a smaller back, but he grinds for yards and can beat down a D over a game if you get him going. Which we have not done. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

to be fair, Jacobs never really that type of guy, even last year he 'only' had 7 20+ yard runs, most years its been around 2 or 3. 
Getting him past line of scrimmage early in games is going to help. creative play calling is going to help. PA passes are going to help. 

He may be going down on contact, but he still is doing the jacobs thing of falling forward which is huge, instead of no gain its a gain of 2 etc. 
let him take a couple steps before contact, or having to make a move, i truly believe will be the difference. 

Im not saying hes going to start breaking off mult 20 yard runs a game though, thats not his style. He is a smaller back, but he grinds for yards and can beat down a D over a game if you get him going. Which we have not done. 

Fair point. I was exaggerating a bit. But don't see that same shift he's had before. His first step is noticeably slower than a year ago. 

Personally, I want less Jacobs. Give White more carries to see what you have in him. JMD was giving him nothing, which is typical of young backs in his system. I'd like to see if they have something to work with there given Jacobs is likely gone after the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Fair point. I was exaggerating a bit. But don't see that same shift he's had before. His first step is noticeably slower than a year ago. 

Personally, I want less Jacobs. Give White more carries to see what you have in him. JMD was giving him nothing, which is typical of young backs in his system. I'd like to see if they have something to work with there given Jacobs is likely gone after the season. 

yea ill give you his first step looks slower too, i truly just believe things will magically start to look better now. 
Call it momentum, mindset, adrenaline, I dont know, but when you constantly are looking at a stacked box and dbs in tight coverage, it wears you down. 

Depending on how this game goes, id be down with seeing more White too. Agreed Need a backup plan in case jacobs leaves. 
But if AP has the team believing and playing to win, I wont care if Jacobs is rolling. 

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Probably a hype + enotion win for us before we come back down to earth. 

And I'll enjoy every second of it knowing Josh McDaniels and Dave Zeigler are labeled as failures, hopefully for the rest of their football careers. 

nah we need Josh to replace Staley in LA, then finally replace Reid in KC to complete the slaughtering of AFCW teams. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

nah we need Josh to replace Staley in LA, then finally replace Reid in KC to complete the slaughtering of AFCW teams. 

This was mcdaniels last bullet as an HC especially in the pros. Dude can just retire with his millions he duped Mark and his advisor

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

I hope Renfrow balls Tf out 

8 receptions, 80 yards, 2 TDs, 3 DBs on ice.  So many ankles on IR.

I hope our entire offense puts up 350 yards and 28-35 points.  It would just show how incompetent McDaniels really is.

• Like 1