Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Washington is wasting no time. Have seen Ben Johnson, Aaron Glenn, Raheem Morris already linked to them for interviews. 

Rumored Football Operations/GM Interest:

Glenn Cook, AGM, Browns
Ian Cunningham, AGM, Bears

Rumored Head coaching interviews/requests/interest:

Ben Johnson, OC, Lions
Aaron Glenn, DC, Lions
Jim Harbaugh, HC, Univ of Michigan (don’t have a secondary on this yet)
Raheem Morris, DC, Rams

• Like 1

Peters turned down interview requests with the Cardinals & Titans last offseason. Makes me wonder if he's the GM in waiting, similar to how Eric DeCosta was with Ozzie Smith 

Will see how it goes this offseason, but if he wants it, he should be able to get a GM job somewhere. Would suck to lose him 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Rumored Football Operations/GM Interest:

Glenn Cook, AGM, Browns
Ian Cunningham, AGM, Bears

This guy turned down the Cardinals GM job last year. Former Ozzie Newsome guy who watched a rebuild happen on warp speed in Chicago. It's a management job so you never know if the guy is a tool and can't do it, but that'd be a good hire.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Whenever gets Raheem will

change their program hella fast. He isn’t the sexiest hire but the man is freaking good. He blows Staley out the water.. Huge reason why we won the chip. I also want that second round pick. 

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Terrence Gray would be a good hire for Vegas...or any team really. Been a trusted cog in the Bills front office since 2017. Been promoted a few times. Brandon Beane said that Gray was the one who spearheaded the trade for Rasul Douglas at the deadline as well. 

Edit: Gray's history with Buffalo

2017-2019: Director of college scouting
2020-2022: Assistant director of Player Personnel
2023- : Director of Player Personnel 

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Washington is wasting no time. Have seen Ben Johnson, Aaron Glenn, Raheem Morris already linked to them for interviews. 

They're welcome to Morris - I'm not as down on him as some Rams fans are, but I do feel like he's replaceable, at the very least by Aubrey Pleasant - who is already back on our staff and was pretty hamstrung as the Chargers' DC by Staley.  I'd also welcome the additional D2 draft pick(s) from  the further adjustments to the Rooney Rule that were made a few year back.

Aside from getting another crack as an HC gig, I'm not sure I see the huge allure of the Commanders for Morris though, considering we've already seen how lackluster his defenses look without an at least above average edge-rusher to go along with a strong interior rusher (look no further than the 2022-23 Rams defense where it was Aaron Donald, Bobby Wagner, and a bunch of bleh; even having Jalen Ramsey in the secondary didn't keep that defense from getting lit up both on the ground and through the air).  So unless Morris has learned/developed enough as a leader of men to impact an early and efficient culture change, he's not likely  to have the singe-unit success early on (in a division that's fielding 2/7 playoff teams in the conference this year) that a lot of 1st-year HC's need to buy them the length of rope to truly get that franchise humming again - in large part due to Washington having traded away a number of their standout defensive pieces this past deadline - and that FRP looking, for the moment, dogeared for a franchise QB.

35 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

They're welcome to Morris - I'm not as down on him as some Rams fans are, but I do feel like he's replaceable, at the very least by Aubrey Pleasant - who is already back on our staff and was pretty hamstrung as the Chargers' DC by Staley.  I'd also welcome the additional D2 draft pick(s) from  the further adjustments to the Rooney Rule that were made a few year back.

Aside from getting another crack as an HC gig, I'm not sure I see the huge allure of the Commanders for Morris though, considering we've already seen how lackluster his defenses look without an at least above average edge-rusher to go along with a strong interior rusher (look no further than the 2022-23 Rams defense where it was Aaron Donald, Bobby Wagner, and a bunch of bleh; even having Jalen Ramsey in the secondary didn't keep that defense from getting lit up both on the ground and through the air).  So unless Morris has learned/developed enough as a leader of men to impact an early and efficient culture change, he's not likely  to have the singe-unit success early on (in a division that's fielding 2/7 playoff teams in the conference this year) that a lot of 1st-year HC's need to buy them the length of rope to truly get that franchise humming again - in large part due to Washington having traded away a number of their standout defensive pieces this past deadline - and that FRP looking, for the moment, dogeared for a franchise QB.

Aubrey Pleasant was never with the Chargers. I think you’re thinking of Detroit.