Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, scar988 said:

From out of left field. But makes sense. Harbaugh would have a lot of fun with this roster.

would be best fit and make most fit in terms of personnel but was and is still little hard to imagine a huge brand franchise or media market not selling out for harbaugh

i would love tge falcons to get harbaugh and am hoping for it while tempering expectation. will say i think he ultimately goes atl ahead of la

44 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Jags interviewed Falcons DC Ryan Nielsen for their DC job. To me this essentially confirms that the Falcons are confident in getting their next HC and know he’ll bring in his own DC.

Beat me to it i was in mid typing this like 40 minutes ago when my power went out lol.  Just came back on and i seen your post lol.  I even said same thing you said about the knowing we have our next HC already because of it.   We have declined every request for our coordinators so far until tonight and their have been quite a few requests so far like 3 or 4.    Bill and Harbaugh are the only 2 guys we have interviewed since the last request we declined.   Harbaugh is the last guy we interviewed and we report nielsen like an hour or 2 after that came out.  

Edited by FalconFan13

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Beat me to it i was in mid typing this like 40 minutes ago when my power went out lol.  Just came back on and i seen your post lol.  I even said same thing you said about the knowing we have our next HC already because of it.   We have declined every request for our coordinators so far until tonight and their have been quite a few requests so far like 3 or 4.    Bill and Harbaugh are the only 2 guys we have interviewed since the last request we declined.   Harbaugh is the last guy we interviewed and we report nielsen like an hour or 2 after that came out.  

What about the Rooney rule? Did they sneak in an interview with Eric Bienemy or something?

Edited by nicfre2011

56 minutes ago, Soggust said:

That is a little surprising... I feel like they helped make chicken salad out of you know what. Stump was only in Washington briefly, but I liked him in his time here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Jags interviewed Falcons DC Ryan Nielsen for their DC job. To me this essentially confirms that the Falcons are confident in getting their next HC and know he’ll bring in his own DC.

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

2 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

What about the Rooney rule? Did they sneak in an interview with Eric Bienemy or something?

Defensive scheme will matter. But almost all of the candidates would prefer a different scheme than the 4-3 Allen tree scheme that Nielsen runs. I think that's part of why they are letting Nielsen explore the Jax job. He'd be a great fit for them though.

They have 6 slips (out of 12) to minority candidates. And they have interviewed 3 of them so far. Still another 3 they've requested.

GEDRljAWwAAoyhg?format=png&name=900x900

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Defensive scheme will matter. But almost all of the candidates would prefer a different scheme than the 4-3 Allen tree scheme that Nielsen runs. I think that's part of why they are letting Nielsen explore the Jax job. He'd be a great fit for them though.

They have 6 slips (out of 12) to minority candidates. And they have interviewed 3 of them so far. Still another 3 they've requested.

GEDRljAWwAAoyhg?format=png&name=900x900

Good deal...wasn't aware. It looks like they have been busy!

The Raiders satisfied the Rooney rule so I imagine we announce our GM and HC today. It sounds as though AP is a lock to come back and our GM will likely be Champ Kelly, with Dodds still in a mix. A lot of us are hoping Dodds will be added somewhere in the FO.