Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, General Tso said:

Maybe there's new rules about this, but when do we expect actual hirings to happen?

No in-person interviews until Jan 22.  Reich was the first new HC hired last year and that was Jan 26.  And some Panthers fans felt they rushed that decision due to Ben Johnson (our #1 choice then, our #1 choice now) backing out of the process.

I'd say Jan 26-28 is about when you will start seeing hires.  Maybe sooner for the team that gets Harbaugh.

Edited by iknowcool

15 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Weird honestly. AVP was good for us in my opinion. As was Stump. Our RB’s and TE’s were excelling under them. 

It's just hard to say exactly what AVP does for us. Stump was well liked, but as soon as he didn't have Chubb or prime Hunt running the ball, our running game struggled at times. Part of that was definitely due to injuries along the OL, to be fair though. Njoku broke out this year and our TEs are generally solid, so agreed it's a bit surprising we let the TE coach go.

It's kind of a given that wherever Belichick goes, he's going to bring his own people, yes? I mean the idea of him hiring coordinators he's never worked with (on either side of the ball) seems unlikely. 

Whether he winds up in Atlanta, Washington, or LAC, the key is the offense. BB will get or keep the defense running smoothly, of that I have no doubt, but when it comes to the offense, would he work with people he's unfamiliar with? Or is he just going to hire someone like McDaniels?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's kind of a given that wherever Belichick goes, he's going to bring his own people, yes? I mean the idea of him hiring coordinators he's never worked with (on either side of the ball) seems unlikely. 

Whether he winds up in Atlanta, Washington, or LAC, the key is the offense. BB will get or keep the defense running smoothly, of that I have no doubt, but when it comes to the offense, would he work with people he's unfamiliar with? Or is he just going to hire someone like McDaniels?

Yes. Probably McDaniels for his offense.