Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

58 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Has it been long enough since Jeff King was playing for him to look that old?

I definitely talked about him as a prospect on this website back in the day, so if he’s old…that would make me old. And that doesn’t sound right.

Imagine my shock a year ago when I finally realized Thomas Brown was the same Thomas Brown that shared the backfield with Knowshon Moreno on those Matt Stafford Georgia teams.

Watching more and more guys who’s college career I watched, talked about as draft prospects, then followed their professional careers become coaches/executives is…something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Mac Jones was pretty good in his first year, you're acting like Bill drafted Christian Hackenberg lol. Mac regressed but that doesn't mean Belichick doesn't know what a QB is. Not every QB pick is gonna be a hit.

"Shanahan drafted Lance in the first round, he doesn't know what a good QB looks like."

Yeah, Bill whiffed and loss his job for it. It happens all the time in the NFL. Even Andy Reid (a goat QB developer) originally moved off of McNabb for Kevin Kolb. However, this doesn't mean Bill can't recognize decent QBs. Jimmy G, Cassel, Bressett all ended up having long careers in the NFL.  

Just now, game3525 said:

Yeah, Bill whiffed and loss his job for it. It happens all the time in the NFL. Even Andy Reid (a goat QB developer) originally moved off of McNabb for Kevin Kolb. However, this doesn't mean Bill can't recognize decent QBs. Jimmy G, Cassel, Bressett all ended up having long careers in the NFL.  

Also how Vick wound up in Philly for a couple of years.

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Falcons staying busy. Just interviewed Aaron Glenn.

GEPOz2BX0AEriNm?format=png&name=medium

How is Belichick an attack scheme coach? He likes having good coverage guys and not blitzing that much. He also likes big nickel sets. If Atlanta lands him, he would have a Pro-Bowl safety (Jessie Bates) and an emerging talent (Richie Grant). The third starter would have to come in free agency or the draft.

1 minute ago, Mr.UFO said:

How is Belichick an attack scheme coach? He likes having good coverage guys and not blitzing that much. He also likes big nickel sets. If Atlanta lands him, he would have a Pro-Bowl safety (Jessie Bates) and an emerging talent (Richie Grant). The third starter would have to come in free agency or the draft.

Richie would be the 3rd safety. Because he wasn't very good at SS last year. DeMarcco Hellams actually was pretty solid though. 

2 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Richie would be the 3rd safety. Because he wasn't very good at SS last year. DeMarcco Hellams actually was pretty solid though. 

If im not mistaken didn't Hellams actually take over starting duties for Grant the last 3 or 4 games of the season?   Hellams looked solid enough from what i could tell honestly and ofcourse made a mistake here and there for a rookie.  But didn't seem to mess up as much as Grant did routinely.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

If im not mistaken didn't Hellams actually take over starting duties for Grant the last 3 or 4 games of the season?   Hellams looked solid enough from what i could tell honestly and ofcourse made a mistake here and there for a rookie.  But didn't seem to mess up as much as Grant did routinely.