Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

Antonio Pierce's #1 choice to hire as offensive coordinator is USC QB coach (and former Arizona Cardinals head coach) Kliff Kingsbury. That would mean more snaps for slot WR Hunter Renfrow. However, Kingsbury interviewed with the Chicago Bears today.

Edited by Mr.UFO

43 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

>:(

Thats wtf im talking about we atleast gonna give it everything we got to get a good choice it feels like can't say the falcons didn't do their due diligence with as many HC's we brought in to interview and going after the big dogs as well extremely hard.

• Like 4

Atlanta is definitely deciding between Bill or Jim. I’d personally go Jim if I was them. Easy choice imo. 

If I’m a betting man, I say it ends up like this:

Atl - Bellichick (I hope they get Harbaugh though. I don’t want Jim in the AFC West)

Was - Ben Johnson

LAC - Harbaugh

CAR - Bobby Slowik

Honestly I’d be more pumped up about Washington getting Ben Johnson and Panthers getting Bobby Slowik than Harbaugh or Bellichick. Ben Johnson with Drake Maye and all those weapons? Washington would be my early pick for NFC East winner. And Slowik definitely has the potential to turn Bryce completely around. Slowik/ Stroud was probably the most impressive QB/OC combo in the league this year. 

18 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Thats wtf im talking about we atleast gonna give it everything we got to get a good choice it feels like can't say the falcons didn't do their due diligence with as many HC's we brought in to interview and going after the big dogs as well extremely hard.

No doubt. This is the tracker so far. Johnson and Slowik interviewing the next 2 days too. Vrabel and Brady as well soon.

GETje2pWIAAJzIM?format=png&name=large

17 hours ago, Dodo said:

Harbaugh in ATL would be a great fit. Lot of good pieces on offense and a division that won't be hard to compete in.

I agree it would be. But same issue as Bill. Need long-term replacement.

15 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Atlanta is definitely deciding between Bill or Jim. I’d personally go Jim if I was them. Easy choice imo. 

If I’m a betting man, I say it ends up like this:

Atl - Bellichick (I hope they get Harbaugh though. I don’t want Jim in the AFC West)

Was - Ben Johnson

LAC - Harbaugh

CAR - Bobby Slowik

Honestly I’d be more pumped up about Washington getting Ben Johnson and Panthers getting Bobby Slowik than Harbaugh or Bellichick. Ben Johnson with Drake Maye and all those weapons? Washington would be my early pick for NFC East winner. And Slowik definitely has the potential to turn Bryce completely around. Slowik/ Stroud was probably the most impressive QB/OC combo in the league this year. 

I don't think it ends up like this. I think Ben Johnson or Joe Brady could end up being the guy when all is said and done.

15 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Agreed. That team is totally Jim’s style. Ground and pound football team. 

I think Jim would fit well... but I also think Ben Johnson would fit better.

30 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Not sure how reliable Florio is for NFL news, but IF Andy Reid did retire I think it is safe to say it would be a fairly coveted job. Hopefully if he is leaning towards retirement that he would let Hunt and Veach know quickly. My guess would be that the team ends up hiring from within and give DC Steve Spagnoulo serious consideration. Perfect world would be Mike Vrabel is hired, Spagnoulo stays at DC and we keep the offensive system in place. I don't see us getting an outside big name OC being hired as HC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Its gonna feel so gross if we end up with Dan Quinn after all the hype and speculation.

Atlanta really seems like a good fit for Harbaugh. Solid all-around roster and one of the best NFL owners to work with. If they could add a veteran QB like Kirk Cousins they could be a really good team. They could even keep Ridder as a developmental QB and see if this coaching staff and Cousins can help him turn the corner.

Edited by nicfre2011