Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, Chargers said:

Its gonna feel so gross if we end up with Dan Quinn after all the hype and speculation.

Honestly if you can talk Quinn into keeping his hands off the defense and hire a good OC.  Quinn would be a very solid HC choice.  His problem is he wants to put his hands all in the cookie jar on the defensive side and it stretches him to thin.  Thats when he starts struggling and it makes the whole team worse including the defense.   The 1 year he went hands off on defense and Marquan Manuel took it over in 2017 we were a top 10 defense under Quinn as HC.  The rest of the years Quinn ran the defense mostly instead of a DC running it and we finished in the 20's.   I would also say his dumbest move ever as a HC for us was to not keep any of the guys under Shanny on the team and promote them to OC for the same system.  Instead we went out and got a OC that didn't run the system and told him to learn it lol.  While letting  Matt Lafleur and Mike Mcdaniel leave because i guess he thought they weren't good enough to run the offense O.o ?

• Like 2

Patriots - Jerod Mayo

Raiders - Antonio Pierce

Commanders - Bobby Slowik

Titans - Brian Callahan

Panthers - Ben Johnson

Seahawks - Dave Canales 

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Falcons - Bill Belichek 

Mike McDonald & Mike Vrabel become top candidates for HC jobs in the next cycle where the Jets, Steelers, Saints, Bucs, Bears, Cowboys & Eagles jobs could be available...unless one of them takes the Michigan job if/when Harbaugh leaves

19 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Patriots - Jerod Mayo

Raiders - Antonio Pierce

Titans - Brian Callahan

Panthers - Ben Johnson

Seahawks - Dave Canales 

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Falcons - Bill Belichek 

Mike McDonald & Mike Vrabel become top candidates for HC jobs in the next cycle where the Jets, Steelers, Saints, Bucs, Bears, Cowboys & Eagles jobs could be available...unless one of them takes the Michigan job if/when Harbaugh leaves

Jags could be on that list.   Baalke and Pederson+Taylor fight 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Patriots - Jerod Mayo

Raiders - Antonio Pierce

Titans - Brian Callahan

Panthers - Ben Johnson

Seahawks - Dave Canales 

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Falcons - Bill Belichek 

It would be disappointing to see an up and coming talent like Ben Johnson go waste his talents in that dysfunctional s***show Carolina franchise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I spent a good few days thinking teams were trying to interview Bill Callahan, the guy who used Gruden's playbook in the Super Bowl against Gruden. This is his son.

Blah.  My expectations would be stupid low if this is the hire.

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jags could be on that list.   Baalke and Pederson+Taylor fight 

lol who would have ever guessed that Baalke would butt heads with people in Jacksonville!?!?

It was us, the Niner fans.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

lol who would have ever guessed that Baalke would butt heads with people in Jacksonville!?!?

Almost like Harbaugh's issue in SF wasn't being a pro coach or working with a GM, but Trent Baalke. Something I've noted for a while and why I think he might be the best fit for a coach here if he wants to come here. He'd be a great fit for what we need in Atlanta and I think he and Fontenot would work well together.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I didn't want him in the first place. 

Complains about the offense yet only added

RT Anton Harrison(cuz we let Jawaan Taylor go)

TE Brenton strange(basically TE3 in round 2)

RB tank Bigsby(was supposed to be the hammer to ettienes speed but was more like RB3 in round 3). 

G Cooper Hodges(looked promising for a 7th round guy but hurt in preseason and got Redshirt. 

If you really want to stretch he also added Ridley but that move was last year when he was suspended. 

We also signed a handful of Bargain bin OL for depth and not 1 was good.

Us Fans knew we needed to get better on the DL, and OL and Baalke sat in his office and rubbed one out. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Patriots - Jerod Mayo

Raiders - Antonio Pierce

Titans - Brian Callahan

Panthers - Ben Johnson

Seahawks - Dave Canales 

Chargers - Jim Harbaugh

Falcons - Bill Belichek 

Slowik and Canales getting more love than Monken is crazy IMO. I know he’s working with Lamar and shouldn’t get any credit, but it feels like he finally helped Lamar unlock his potential because he’s so good at adapting a scheme to a player. Plus he’s been doing it a lot longer than those guys.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It would be disappointing to see an up and coming talent like Ben Johnson go waste his talents in that dysfunctional s***show Carolina franchise. 

He’s going to the Commanders IMO.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Almost like Harbaugh's issue in SF wasn't being a pro coach or working with a GM, but Trent Baalke. Something I've noted for a while and why I think he might be the best fit for a coach here if he wants to come here. He'd be a great fit for what we need in Atlanta and I think he and Fontenot would work well together.

Nah, you’ll take Belichick as your HC and you’ll like it.

11 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Nah, you’ll take Belichick as your HC and you’ll like it.

Honestly we would be happy with either of them.  Most of us prefer Harbaugh ofcourse but getting BB if he brings in McDaniels as OC with him isn't a bad thing at all. The falcons can and have done much much worse over the years than that lol.

• Like 1