Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Perhaps it was Savage.  I have both slept and drank since then.  Just saying, the tackle is there to be made, the DC can't do it for him.  

Yeah but if it's 1 guy or TD is that sound defense? Savage was the ONLY guy available to make the play that's already very not ideal. 

Slaton and van Ness were on the weak side of that play. At least put Slaton on the Strong side. 

Whatever tho the bad man can't hurt me now. 

42 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ughhh this demo article says him staying on the staff is a possibility?

and Staley not a leading candidate to replace Barry. This that means he wants a new scheme?

https://x.com/robdemovsky/status/1750182330709295425?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

I don't think that's gonna happen.  If hired the guy that Detroit fired mid season last year, Aubrey Pleasant, fans would explode in rage.  Glad that Staley isn't a though.  He had a very bad run with the Chargers.  Go after Ravens or San Fran folks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Maybe he can be a secondary coach in GB ;)

In seriousness though, I thought I read Deon was trying to bring him to Colorado recently?

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a NFL position coach, but hiring him as the Packer DC is a little risky.  IMO.

You need a home run hire here.

Stranger things have happened though.

My early thoughts:

- I’m Wink-curious

- Zimmer too, but that’s it as far as vets go

- for the young candidates, give me anyone that has even sniffed the air in Baltimore, or Chris Harris as a consolation

These are kind of the only guys I have feelings about. Don’t really know the college candidates other than Minter, and I assume that’s just a no-chance deal

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think that's gonna happen.  If hired the guy that Detroit fired mid season last year, Aubrey Pleasant, fans would explode in rage.  Glad that Staley isn't a though.  He had a very bad run with the Chargers.  Go after Ravens or San Fran folks.

Jesse Minter and be done with it. Get him signed before Harbaugh lands someplace. Interviews tomorrow and Friday, make him DC on Saturday, LET'S GO! 

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

My early thoughts:

- I’m Wink-curious

- Zimmer too, but that’s it as far as vets go

- for the young candidates, give me anyone that has even sniffed the air in Baltimore, or Chris Harris as a consolation

These are kind of the only guys I have feelings about. Don’t really know the college candidates other than Minter, and I assume that’s just a no-chance deal

Why? He's only been with Harbaugh two years. It's not like they have this longstanding relationship. It's quite possible the first NFL team to give him a shot gets his services. He's not going to be in the running for the HC gig either. That is going to the OC. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Mark Tauscher is on the radio calling for Rex Ryan. Tausch, fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son 

Hes too big media wise and wouldn't fit what they want.  His mouth each week would overshadow everything they do.  They would never hire that guy.  He'd be talking about being the Packer HC each week.

No chance.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why? He's only been with Harbaugh two years. It's not like they have this longstanding relationship. It's quite possible the first NFL team to give him a shot gets his services. He's not going to be in the running for the HC gig either. That is going to the OC. 

I’m a pessimist, gimme a break! 

• Like 1