the good the bad the not so ugly vs the giants

BackinBlack

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

We could always trade up I would think. If there is a prospect we really love there, then I wouldn’t be against making a bold move. Realistically, we may not be able to get to #1 or #2 due to the cost, but I’m sure we can get inside the top 5?

You're probably missing on Maye/Williams if you're not in the top 2 brother. 

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ziegler drafted well and I'll stand on that.

giphy.gif

2022:

Parham - Average starter

Zamir - JAG

NFJ - Off roster

Matthew Butler - Off roster

Thayer Munford - Average depth

Brown - On PS?

2023:

Tyree - Been meh, way worse than Carter

Mayer - Flashed but not even close to top rookie TEs

Young - Is he even on the team?

Tucker - Had a couple moments but overall been a non-factor

Bennett - Has given up a ton of yards, penalties, and a god awful passer rating

AOC - Decent in 2 starts

Smith - 0 defensive snaps

Burney - 71 defensive snaps

Nesta - 24 defensive snaps

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, fair enough if it’s only those two you want but there seem to be a few pretty good candidates doesn't there?

McCarthy, Nix, Ewers, Penix will all be in the conversation for sure but I'm not sure any of them are locks to be first round picks outside of JJ.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

We could always trade up I would think. If there is a prospect we really love there, then I wouldn’t be against making a bold move. Realistically, we may not be able to get to #1 or #2 due to the cost, but I’m sure we can get inside the top 5?

If AO4 looks solid then this may not be popular, but I'm trading down for an extra 2nd, then grabbing whatever quality QB I can at the top of the 2nd to compete. Leaving us a late 1st and our other 2nd. 

Especially if they add 3 solid players at CB, DT, OL in Free agency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

McCarthy, Nix, Ewers, Penix will all be in the conversation for sure but I'm not sure any of them are locks to be first round picks outside of JJ.

I really haven’t seen enough of any to fully form my opinion, just what I’m reading, but I guess it depends upon what we like and I’m sure with the amount of teams potentially looking at QB, a couple will rise significantly pre draft so possibly even #3 or #4 could go really high.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I will say, IMO he’s the best TE in the class by a margin. We just haven’t seen it as we have not used him well/enough. 

LaPorta and Kincaid look like two of the best TEs in the league already despite being rookies. Mayer hasn't shown anything close to that, he has eclipsed 20+ yards in 2/9 games this year. And there's not a team in the league that would prefer Mayer to either one of them, lol.

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really haven’t seen enough of any to fully form my opinion, just what I’m reading, but I guess it depends upon what we like and I’m sure with the amount of teams potentially looking at QB, a couple will rise significantly pre draft so possibly even #3 or #4 could go really high.

Penix - old and injuries

Nix - Old

Ewers - Injuries / unproven 

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I will say, IMO he’s the best TE in the class by a margin. We just haven’t seen it as we have not used him well/enough. 

Agree, in a better offense with a better QB, he's having a huge year. 

The run game improving has had a lot to do with his growth as a blocker too. He was great last week. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LaPorta and Kincaid look like two of the best TEs in the league already despite being rookies. Mayer hasn't shown anything close to that, he has eclipsed 20+ yards in 2/9 games this year. And there's not a team in the league that would prefer Mayer to either one of them, lol.

Weird.... the two rookie TEs in two of the top offenses in the league look the best. And the guys playing with Jimmy G and Jordan Love are struggling to break out.

It sucks when obvious things are obvious. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Weird.... the two rookie TEs in two of the top offenses in the league look the best. And the guys playing with Jimmy G and Jordan Love are struggling to break out.

It sucks when obvious things are obvious. 

LaPorta is basically producing at the exact same level that Hockenson was in the same system with the same QB and Hock is regarded as one of the top tier TEs in the league.  Kincaid essentially made Knox, one of the highest paid TEs in the league a non-factor and expendable. 

Mayer was so obviously better than Kincaid and LaPorta that the Bills/Lions, two of the best ran franchises, with two of the best offenses in the league drafted those dudes over Mayer, lol. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

LaPorta is basically producing at the exact same level that Hockenson was in the same system with the same QB and Hock is regarded as one of the top tier TEs in the league.  Kincaid essentially made Knox, one of the highest paid TEs in the league a non-factor and expendable. 

Mayer was so obviously better than Kincaid and LaPorta that the Bills/Lions, two of the best ran franchises, with two of the best offenses in the league drafted those dudes over Mayer, lol. 

Different system fits. LaPorta and Kincaid are move TEs. That fit their offense and their QBs obviously are miles better.

And we can get into the myriad of times Mayer has been wide open, sometime for a potential score and J-Dawg couldn't get him the ball.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

giphy.gif

2022:

Parham - Average starter

Zamir - JAG

NFJ - Off roster

Matthew Butler - Off roster

Thayer Munford - Average depth

Brown - On PS?

2023:

Tyree - Been meh, way worse than Carter

Mayer - Flashed but not even close to top rookie TEs

Young - Is he even on the team?

Tucker - Had a couple moments but overall been a non-factor

Bennett - Has given up a ton of yards, penalties, and a god awful passer rating

AOC - Decent in 2 starts

Smith - 0 defensive snaps

Burney - 71 defensive snaps

Nesta - 24 defensive snaps

The 2022 draft is certainly rough to look at, but trading away a 1st and 2nd won't really make your draft class look all that great in most cases. Parham is solid but that's about it imo.

2023 is far, far, far too early to judge. And I put an * next to most of these guys because our previous regime clearly didn't utilize them correctly. Mayer, Tucker and maybe AOC will be long-term starters for us imo. Tyree has started putting it together and anyone expecting him to do anything close to Carter season 1 was kidding themselves. You can't write off this current draft class already lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The 2022 draft is certainly rough to look at, but trading away a 1st and 2nd won't really make your draft class look all that great in most cases. Parham is solid but that's about it imo.

2023 is far, far, far too early to judge. And I put an * next to most of these guys because our previous regime clearly didn't utilize them correctly. Mayer, Tucker and maybe AOC will be long-term starters for us imo. Tyree has started putting it together and anyone expecting him to do anything close to Carter season 1 was kidding themselves. You can't write off this current draft class already lol.

You can't write it off but to have 0 real impact players over a 2 year draft cycle with 15 players drafted is not drafting well either, lol.