the good the bad the not so ugly vs the giants

BackinBlack

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Different system fits. LaPorta and Kincaid are move TEs. That fit their offense and their QBs obviously are miles better.

And we can get into the myriad of times Mayer has been wide open, sometime for a potential score and J-Dawg couldn't get him the ball.

Mayer has flashed but to say that he is the best rookie TE by a margin is biased, LaPorta has a chance to break the rookie receiving record for TEs. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You can't write it off but to have 0 real impact players over a 2 year draft cycle with 15 players drafted is not drafting well either, lol.

The problem is we don't really understand what we have in most of these players.

Again, JMD refused to start AOC and that's 100% not Farva's fault. Tucker flashes every time he's on the field. Mayer doesn't get looks often enough but is consistently open. Nesta was benched by the old crew but looked quite good last week once he finally got playing time, again that's not his fault.

I blame the old regime's schemes/ego more than anything for the lack of production from our rookie class. 

I think we are going to see a lot of guys getting PT and then we can truly judge who has promise/who is disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

LaPorta and Kincaid look like two of the best TEs in the league already despite being rookies. Mayer hasn't shown anything close to that, he has eclipsed 20+ yards in 2/9 games this year. And there's not a team in the league that would prefer Mayer to either one of them, lol.

Lmao you act like we haven't had garbage QB play. I loved LaPorta I said he could be the best TE in the class, but Mayer would eat if he had any of those two QB'S  throwing him the ball. As it stands his blocking is starting to shine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Lmao you act like we haven't had garbage QB play. I loved LaPorta I said he could be the best TE in the class, but Mayer would eat if he had any of those two QB'S  throwing him the ball. As it stands his blocking is starting to shine.

LaPorta might break the NFL rookie record for a TE, Mayer is on pace for 300 yards brother. How anyone can say that Mayer is the best rookie TE by a margin is clearly biased, it's a production based business.  Mayer had 2 catches for 11 yards with AOC at QB

LaPorta and Kincaid look like two of the best TEs in the league already despite being rookies. Mayer hasn't shown anything close to that, he has eclipsed 20+ yards in 2/9 games this year. And there's not a team in the league that would prefer Mayer to either one of them, lol.

LaPorta is a good player, a very good player, like him a lot. Kincaid is pretty good but the best all round TE will be Mayer. He’s got the complete skill set and quite obviously he’s been under-utilised this far.

Don’t judge on stats, watch his skill set. The kid held his own 1 on 1 as a rookie blocking TJ Watt, he’s going to get better and better especially as he’s featured more. You have no idea who which teams prefer so that is a ludicrous statement. Over time Mayer is going to be fantastic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

LaPorta is a good player, a very good player, like him a lot. Kincaid is pretty good but the best all round TE will be Mayer. He’s got the complete skill set and quite obviously he’s been under-utilised this far.

Don’t judge on stats, watch his skill set. The kid held his own 1 on 1 as a rookie blocking TJ Watt, he’s going to get better and better especially as he’s featured more. You have no idea who which teams prefer so that is a ludicrous statement. Over time Mayer is going to be fantastic.

His skill-set has translated to significantly less production, on a worse team, for one of the worst offenses in the league. We know for sure that teams preferred Kincaid and LaPorta to Mayer because they both were drafted ahead of him and have thrived as rookies. Mayer might be great one day, he has not even been relatively close to either one of those guys this season on the field. 

The homer bias on here is very real though, I didn't forget everyone here saying Renfrow was a top 10 WR

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His skill-set has translated to significantly less production, on a worse team, for one of the worst offenses in the league. We know for sure that teams preferred Kincaid and LaPorta to Mayer because they both were drafted ahead of him and have thrived as rookies. Mayer might be great one day, he has not even been relatively close to either one of those guys this season on the field. 

Davante Adams hasn't been Davante Adams this season either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We know two teams preferred them at that time, sure. To say everyone does now is ludicrous. I’d wager the Raiders wouldn’t swap Mayer for either straight up. I wouldn’t and I like LaPorta a lot. 

With regard production, that’s obviously due to inept QB play and terrible coaching, but you know that. I know you’re not this dense, you might disagree with me that Mayer won’t become the best of the three and that’s fair, but your points are self evidently redundant. He doesn’t have the stats obviously, but his blocking is already far superior and given his chance I think he will produce. It is my opinion he’s going to be the best and time will tell, either way, I think it’s a good pick to circle around to your original post 🙂

• Like 2

The homer bias on here is very real though, I didn't forget everyone here saying Renfrow was a top 10 WR

I think they’re trying to say the other two are big WR’s not real TEs. No blocking

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It was a couple people... maybe. Sure as hell wasn’t “everyone”. Lol! Stop trying to break your arm patting yourself on the back FFS! 🤮

• Like 2